5/12: Minnesota @ Chicago White Sox 7:10 PM CDT

4 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Fuck off troll.

No trolling here I just am tired of the anti TLR posts -- especially in situations unwarranted like your post

La Russa will blow out Heuer’s arm so Jake “Franchise Kinda Guy” Lamb can keep Tony company."

How is he blowing out Heuer's arm? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Except it didnt in actuality. For example: https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/stanked01.shtml

I'm not sure what this means. It doesn't mean players didn't walk back in the day, it means that for a century people in positions of authority didn't value OBP over BA. Mike Cameron is criminally underrated for this very exact reason; if Cam played today, guy would have been making bank.

Just now, chw42 said:

Ha remember when he got kicked out for kicking dirt all over the plate after hitting a homer? And then his defensive replacement failed to make a play on Abreu that led to them losing the game? Good times.

Yeah the playoff clincher last year. Karma came back around to bite them big time in that game.

2 minutes ago, South Sider said:

For a second, I was having flashbacks to a particular game the Sox went up huge, only to barely win the game. Meanwhile it ignited the Twins who rode that through a dominant season against the White Sox.

You talking the Paniagua game?...I was there in the upper deck.  I was never at a game before that fans felt lousy after a win.  The stadium went from elation to dismay as we could feel the Twinkies have life breathed back into them.

1 minute ago, DoUEvenShift said:

No trolling here I just am tired of the anti TLR posts -- especially in situations unwarranted like your post

Its his go to when someone calls him out I've  noticed. Just ignore it.

4 minutes ago, South Sider said:

For a second, I was having flashbacks to a particular game the Sox went up huge, only to barely win the game. Meanwhile it ignited the Twins who rode that through a dominant season against the White Sox.

Jose Paniagua (The Bread and Water) Debacle.

Won the first and second...barely, but momentum (yes it exists) shifted against the Sox and they won either 1 or zero games against the Twins for the remainder of August and September that year (Loiaza Cy-caliber season.)

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not sure what this means. It doesn't mean players didn't walk back in the day, it means that for a century people in positions of authority didn't value OBP over BA. Mike Cameron is criminally underrated for this very exact reason; if Cam played today, guy would have been making bank.

He got mvp votes in multiple seasons he led the league with massive amoun of walks but hit .250-.270 with zero power. Just because no one was citing obp didn’t mean they didn’t know walking 140 times had value. The suggestion is actually ludicrous if you think about. No one noticed getting on base resulted in runs? Rrriiight

Edited by Vulture
  • Fire 1

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic