Trade Deadline Thread

KrankinSox

5 hours ago, mqr said:

Angels are still kind hanging around though, and if they think they get Trout back soon I don't see him getting traded

Angels aren't going to be sellers right now - unless they got some nice chips for the future.  I think they are going to try and make a run at things with Trout coming back and presumably Rendon comes around as well and gets back to his usual stellar self.  

I suppose that many of you have seen this suggestion, which sounds much more plausible to me:

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-trade-deadline-ideas-for-first-place-teams?partnerId=zh-20210717-439601-MLB-1-B&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20210717-439601-MLB-1-B&bt_ee=RVdEfRbbnZDDZ8Lkr4Q0Ehiza0%2B8eqtlWmdHErmmB8EOOO5lN7KiIGbbLtopPmLd&bt_ts=1626525274515

White Sox get: OF Joey Gallo
Rangers get: OF Yoelqui Céspedes
 (White Sox No. 2 prospect), RHP Caleb Freeman (No. 19)

Edited by Lillian

21 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I suppose that many of you have seen this suggestion, which sounds much more plausible to me:

https://www.mlb.com/news/2021-trade-deadline-ideas-for-first-place-teams?partnerId=zh-20210717-439601-MLB-1-B&qid=1026&utm_id=zh-20210717-439601-MLB-1-B&bt_ee=RVdEfRbbnZDDZ8Lkr4Q0Ehiza0%2B8eqtlWmdHErmmB8EOOO5lN7KiIGbbLtopPmLd&bt_ts=1626525274515

If that were the price, I think the trade would already be done.

1 hour ago, Lillian said:

Anything close to this and the Sox should be all over it. I’d include Kelly over Yoelqui though. Sheets would make sense for them too. 

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Nightengale on the 670 right now.  Said the Sox had basically had a trade agreed upon for Escobar three weeks for a reliever, but both sides backed out because of Escobar’s injury and the reliever having to get a cortisone shot.  If true, any idea who that reliever would have been?

Soria.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s saying the price on our side was a reliever, but that White Sox reliever had to get a cortisone shot.  I can’t recall a single reliever who fits that bill.

I’m thinking Luke Shilling but he’s had Tommy John since 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, That funky motion said:

Bummer, was on the DL two weeks ago. He came up without a rehab start.  Trying a cortisone shot a week before and it not working does fit the timeline. 

Bummer is worth more than Escobar and we wouldn’t want to trade him anyways while trying to compete.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s saying the price on our side was a reliever, but that White Sox reliever had to get a cortisone shot.  I can’t recall a single reliever who fits that bill.

Marshall?

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 9:06 AM, Chicago White Sox said:

Just saw this tweet from your AAA correspondent.  Is it possible Tyler Johnson got a cortisone shot for his hip?

Good work Sherlock . This is the most plausible guy. So who is our system is the most like Johnson  to finish out this trade ?

• Like 1