Trevor Bauer receives 2 YEAR suspension from MLB

Kyyle23

Like it or not Manfred will be forced to suspend Bauer for the rest of the season and he will have to attend re-education camp. This is a huge black eye for the game. Unless she injured herself the physical evidence is shocking. 

I think I used to work with him in high school… unless there was another Trevor Bauer in Santa Clarita.

The dude I worked with was a prick.

Edited by hi8is
Well, so was I to be honest. 😆

Who plays in the game is a manager's decision. Seems easy enough to announce he's not playing. 

I'm shocked more victims haven't come forward and I'm willing to withhold judgement until a full investigation,  I just wouldn't be willing to see him play. 

9 hours ago, Texsox said:

Who plays in the game is a manager's decision. Seems easy enough to announce he's not playing. 

I'm shocked more victims haven't come forward and I'm willing to withhold judgement until a full investigation,  I just wouldn't be willing to see him play. 

I agree with this. There's a cloud over Bauer's head, and it would be wise not to play him until there is at least some kind of progress in the investigation. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm glad he's not on the White Sox. I wouldn't go to Guaranteed Rate to see him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I agree with this. There's a cloud over Bauer's head, and it would be wise not to play him until there is at least some kind of progress in the investigation. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm glad he's not on the White Sox. I wouldn't go to Guaranteed Rate to see him.

Wasn't he the same dickhead who slammed his drone into the new center field LCD screen at the Cell a few years back?  Then tried to deny he hit it once everyone noticed an area that wasn't working.  Either way, fuck him.

This is disturbing, to say the least.

I'll wait for this to be sorted out, but the fact that the alleged victim went right to the police speaks volumes.

It also speaks volumes that in the day and age of "me too" that LAD/MLB dragged their feet in taking action while this was being investigated. According to THIS, the police were looking into this 6 weeks ago. HFS.

21 hours ago, NWINFan said:

Agreed, but what if he merely the First Base coach?

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 9:48 AM, pcq said:

Like it or not Manfred will be forced to suspend Bauer for the rest of the season and he will have to attend re-education camp. This is a huge black eye for the game. Unless she injured herself the physical evidence is shocking. 

This is a huge black eye for Bauer. Nobody else committed the disgusting acts he's accused of. To be clear, I say these things as if Bauer is guilty because he has not denied the things he is accused of (which makes me sick) but of course in our society he will get his day in court. 

This happened outside of the game and is something of Bauer's perverse personal life. People are freaking out at the MLB and the Dodgers because the commissioners office (that I detest) took a day or two to gather information on the matter. I am not sure people understand this but Bauer has not appeared in a game after the woman's report to the police became public. I know outrage is everybody's kneejerk reaction and this is one of the most heinous and disturbing public sexual assault cases I can remember but Bauer should stand alone in the shame. 

However, for perspective, after this one disturbing and credible allegation, the MLB took action against Bauer within days of this coming to light. On the other hand, DeShaun Watson has had over 20 allegations and there has been no action taken by the the NFL and there is little media coverage despite the months that have passed since these allegations came out. Of course part of that is because of one sport being out of season and the other being in the midst of the season, but the public responses to each situation don't make a whole lot of sense when put next to each other. 

Edited by raBBit

23 minutes ago, flavum said:

Please stop putting “the” in front of MLB when it doesn’t belong. If you wouldn’t speak “The Major League Baseball”, the “the” doesn’t go. Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program…

People regularly say "the MLB" or "the NFL" or "the NBA"

Why would you care about something like this?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Agreed, but what if he merely the First Base coach?

Would this hypothetical 1st Base coach have the "superpower" of being the Team President's buddy, but otherwise be generally useless?

Edited by Two-Gun Pete

18 hours ago, flavum said:

Please stop putting “the” in front of MLB when it doesn’t belong. If you wouldn’t speak “The Major League Baseball”, the “the” doesn’t go. Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program…

do you say RsBI or RBIs?  😬

18 hours ago, Flash said:

There is a very real chance he is done with MLB. Wonder if there is a morals clause in his contract.

It wouldn’t matter. Any morals clause would be subordinate to the CBA, which addresses Domestic Violence (DV). The Athletic has a good article regarding Ozuna’s current case and the subject of a “morals clause” in a players contract.

The two methods the Dodgers can avoid paying Bauer under the current CBA are:

1. A suspension by the Commissioner’s Office under the DV policy or

2. A negotiated settlement by the player and team.

A player can appeal to an independent arbitration panel any DV suspension. The longest DV suspension issued to date was the 162 game suspension given to San Dyson. The is no maximum specified under the public explanation of the DV policy on MLB’s website.

@joesaiditstrue -

Arby’s, They have The Meats.

Thee Ohio State Unversity.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Flash Tizzle said:

I've reserved judgment on this case because I wanted more facts and details, but if those texts are genuine then I don't think MLB can bring the hammer down on Bauer. The woman may not have wanted him to go as far as he did but she also seems not to be entirely truthful about what went on.

Quite the mess…would we have ever heard of this story if Bauer was an insurance agent earning $75,000 per year?

The collision of private, supposedly consensual actions and the #metoo movement.

Obviously he’s liable for her injuries or going too far…but “safe word” has been out there in the general public at least since 50 Shades of Grey, if not much longer.

Even if bauer gets out of that legally and she indeed wanted those hard bdsm practices this still probably will hurt his career because a) people now know that he has this weird fetish and b) that he must be pretty psycho if he goes too far in doing that kinda as if he was a shark in a feeding frenzy.

8 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Quite the mess…would we have ever heard of this story if Bauer was an insurance agent earning $75,000 per year?

The collision of private, supposedly consensual actions and the #metoo movement.

Obviously he’s liable for her injuries or going too far…but “safe word” has been out there in the general public at least since 50 Shades of Grey, if not much longer.

You can’t give consent if you‘re passed out. This is a pretty textbook case of rape, nothing to do with #metoo.

• Thanks 3