Trevor Bauer receives 2 YEAR suspension from MLB

Kyyle23

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

No surprise. 

Im speaking from personal experience when I say that the entire family law system is absolutely abhorrent.

In this case, I actually agree with the courts findings but still wish Bauer would be sentenced to prison with a gorilla that’s pumped full of hormones for 10 years.

He had good representation - they did an amazing job during discovery and in presenting a narrative which highlighted legitimate issues of motive as well as concerns centering around integrity.

There are cases I’m familiar with where baseless and blatant allegations are taken with merit without a compelling challenge due to poor representation… and the effect on a judges ruling can not be understated.

What a tragedy and what a reflection of the insane world we live in.

3 hours ago, raBBit said:

The bolded isn't true. 

What is just insane about this situation is the woman's account, the evidence behind her account and the fact that Bauer's camp isn't even denying her allegations just denying that they weren't consensual. Crazy.

This isn't a situation where someone says the athlete was abusive or had regrettable sex and the person was trying to monetize the situation. This is heinous shit with significant evidence. It gives me the heebie jeebiez. 

I could be wrong but I think BA meant 99.99% of MLB player hookups go under the radar because they're just consensual encounters

this is true, i was just going to let it lay. but ya, i was saying that these guys are hooking up all the time. not in the manner that trevor bauer is at all. more saying there are women pursue these guys, and the other way around, these players who pursue these women. obviously many times these players are in a relationship or with kids and that there's going to be cases of "blackmail" to keep hush. we as fans hear about almost none of it ... which just goes to show how outside the norm and how much of a crazy person, and how bad the behavior was by bauer. 

i will be interested to see if there's a team or owner that takes a chance on bauer in the coming year(s). Steve Cohen would seem to be one. he's a businessman, i can see him taking on bauer at a discounted price seeing as they were involved on him before and that he isn't afradi to be outspoken. i kinda doubt it happens this offseason, but maybe the next. 

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I was also on the very wrong side of this and feel stupid for it.  And if all this happened while he was in this rotation I have to think it would have killed this team 

Why would you feel bad? He didn't do anything at the time of you wanting him on the Sox. Frankly, given he was a Cy Young winner and given what was public about Bauer's personal life in the offseason everyone should have wanted him. He was a great networker in the game who worked his ass off, constantly tried to improve and practiced sober living. No one had any idea that he has abusive and gross sexual habits. You wanted the best baseball team and he was one of the best players on the market. This would not have any way killed the Sox either. They lost Eloy, Robert, Madrigal and Grandal. That's 45% of your starting lineup. They persevered. Losing a guy who throws every fifth day wouldn't have cratered a team that's going to win their division by ~15.

Should Buffalo Bills fans be sorry they rooted for OJ? Should kids who watched the Huxtables be punished for supporting Cosby? Is anyone who watched a Weinstein move a bad person? It's crazy.

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The warning signs were there.  We didn't know about the girl he roughed up in Cleveland but we knew about him going after that girl on Twitter.  I know it isn't a straight line to sexual abuse of someone but I don't think I will be able to handwave things like that anymore.

LOL cmon. Arguing with someone on twitter is a precursor that someone is going to abuse a girl during sex, choke her unconscious and sodomize her? I mean this is ridiculous. All twitter is is people shitting on others. My trends are filled with filth and people understanding being hateful gets more clicks than being reasonable. Are all these people possible sexual assaulters? It's just crazy.

This is one guy doing heinous shit. Nothing more. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

this is true, i was just going to let it lay. but ya, i was saying that these guys are hooking up all the time. not in the manner that trevor bauer is at all. more saying there are women pursue these guys, and the other way around, these players who pursue these women. obviously many times these players are in a relationship or with kids and that there's going to be cases of "blackmail" to keep hush. we as fans hear about almost none of it ... which just goes to show how outside the norm and how much of a crazy person, and how bad the behavior was by bauer. 

i will be interested to see if there's a team or owner that takes a chance on bauer in the coming year(s). Steve Cohen would seem to be one. he's a businessman, i can see him taking on bauer at a discounted price seeing as they were involved on him before and that he isn't afradi to be outspoken. i kinda doubt it happens this offseason, but maybe the next. 

I am more curious of how this would be perceived in Korea or Japan. Bauer could be the best pitcher in KBO/NPB history.

40 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Why would you feel bad? He didn't do anything at the time of you wanting him on the Sox. Frankly, given he was a Cy Young winner and given what was public about Bauer's personal life in the offseason everyone should have wanted him. He was a great networker in the game who worked his ass off, constantly tried to improve and practiced sober living. No one had any idea that he has abusive and gross sexual habits. You wanted the best baseball team and he was one of the best players on the market. This would not have any way killed the Sox either. They lost Eloy, Robert, Madrigal and Grandal. That's 45% of your starting lineup. They persevered. Losing a guy who throws every fifth day wouldn't have cratered a team that's going to win their division by ~15.

Should Buffalo Bills fans be sorry they rooted for OJ? Should kids who watched the Huxtables be punished for supporting Cosby? Is anyone who watched a Weinstein move a bad person? It's crazy.

LOL cmon. Arguing with someone on twitter is a precursor that someone is going to abuse a girl during sex, choke her unconscious and sodomize her? I mean this is ridiculous. All twitter is is people shitting on others. My trends are filled with filth and people understanding being hateful gets more clicks than being reasonable. Are all these people possible sexual assaulters? It's just crazy.

This is one guy doing heinous shit. Nothing more. 

Except he makes 31 million dollars so adding Lynn (and signing him to an extension) probably doesn't happen, and my guess is Hendricks and Kimbrell would fall into the same category. We wouldn't know those things for sure because this is all speculative, but based on past history with the franchise, those seem like safe assumptions.  Additionally, the one thing this team hasn't really had to deal with is injuries to starting pitching. Having him gone would have been massive, especially with the other injuries this team has dealt with. 

Oh, and it seems like it will be very complicated for the Dodgers to void the contract, so the Sox eating close to 85 million for Bauer to go away would be SUPER for the future of this team. 

But other than that, you nailed it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

Except he makes 31 million dollars so adding Lynn (and signing him to an extension) probably doesn't happen, and my guess is Hendricks and Kimbrell would fall into the same category. We wouldn't know those things for sure because this is all speculative, but based on past history with the franchise, those seem like safe assumptions.  Additionally, the one thing this team hasn't really had to deal with is injuries to starting pitching. Having him gone would have been massive, especially with the other injuries this team has dealt with. 

Oh, and it seems like it will be very complicated for the Dodgers to void the contract, so the Sox eating close to 85 million for Bauer to go away would be SUPER for the future of this team. 

But other than that, you nailed it. 

Signing Bauer also probably means they don’t sign Rodon either, unless he took a minor league deal with us or signed to pitch out of pen.

24 minutes ago, Tony said:

1 - Except he makes 31 million dollars so adding Lynn (and signing him to an extension) probably doesn't happen,

2 - and my guess is Hendricks and Kimbrell would fall into the same category.

3 - We wouldn't know those things for sure because this is all speculative,

but based on past history with the franchise, those seem like safe assumptions.  

4 - Additionally, the one thing this team hasn't really had to deal with is injuries to starting pitching. Having him gone would have been massive, especially with the other injuries this team has dealt with. 

5 - Oh, and it seems like it will be very complicated for the Dodgers to void the contract, so the Sox eating close to 85 million for Bauer to go away would be SUPER for the future of this team. 

6 - But other than that, you nailed it. 

1 - So not extending Lynn would crater this season? What does that have to do with anything?

2 - It's Hendriks and Kimbrel. And the Sox talked to Luba after the Sox signed Hendriks so not true but keep treating your assumptions as fact. 

3 - Yet you're speaking so assuredly. 

4 - When Bauer went out on leave, the Sox were several games up in the division and the team chasing them was providing them with reinforcements for the playoffs but sure. I am sure Detroit would have gone 40-10 to catch the Sox. Whatever suits your argument.

5 - Who said anything about voiding the contract or the Sox dealing with this is in future? Did someone recommend signing him regardless of his current situation? You're really reaching. No one said any of this but sure set up some dumb argument that you can knock down to feel smart. The point was there is no reason to be upset if you wanted to sign Bauer in the offseason because of his actions committed several months later. 

6 - Tell me your post is personal without tell me your post is personal. Like seriously, you're trying to dunk on me for things I didn't even said and scenarios I didn't even get behind. Your post has little attention to detail, little relevancy but you were actually able to abstain from name calling in a post so you get 2/10. 

Edited by raBBit

43 minutes ago, raBBit said:

1 - So not extending Lynn would crater this season? What does that have to do with anything?

2 - It's Hendriks and Kimbrel. And the Sox talked to Luba after the Sox signed Hendriks so not true but keep treating your assumptions as fact. 

3 - Yet you're speaking so assuredly. 

4 - When Bauer went out on leave, the Sox were several games up in the division and the team chasing them was providing them with reinforcements for the playoffs but sure. I am sure Detroit would have gone 40-10 to catch the Sox. Whatever suits your argument.

5 - Who said anything about voiding the contract or the Sox dealing with this is in future? Did someone recommend signing him regardless of his current situation? You're really reaching. No one said any of this but sure set up some dumb argument that you can knock down to feel smart. The point was there is no reason to be upset if you wanted to sign Bauer in the offseason because of his actions committed several months later. 

6 - Tell me your post is personal without tell me your post is personal. Like seriously, you're trying to dunk on me for things I didn't even said and scenarios I didn't even get behind. Your post has little attention to detail, little relevancy but you were actually able to abstain from name calling in a post so you get 2/10. 

The level of anger you reach when someone disagrees with you is quite astounding. Such a trouble little man. 

Side note, I didn’t try and dunk on you. I did. Like I always do. 

Just wanted to be clear on that one, sparkles. 😘

On 8/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, Tony said:

The level of anger you reach when someone disagrees with you is quite astounding. Such a trouble little man. 

Side note, I didn’t try and dunk on you. I did. Like I always do. 

Just wanted to be clear on that one, sparkles. 😘

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bqz6nxlnkv914nrxm4zd

On 8/19/2021 at 1:44 PM, hi8is said:

Im speaking from personal experience when I say that the entire family law system is absolutely abhorrent.

In this case, I actually agree with the courts findings but still wish Bauer would be sentenced to prison with a gorilla that’s pumped full of hormones for 10 years.

He had good representation - they did an amazing job during discovery and in presenting a narrative which highlighted legitimate issues of motive as well as concerns centering around integrity.

There are cases I’m familiar with where baseless and blatant allegations are taken with merit without a compelling challenge due to poor representation… and the effect on a judges ruling can not be understated.

What a tragedy and what a reflection of the insane world we live in.

This was just a ruling on an order of protection. Even if the judge ruled against Bauer he wouldnt have gone to jail, he merely would have not been allowed to go within a certain distance of the accuser. 

I have no clue what the status of the criminal proceedings are or if charges have even been filed, but that would be handled by an entirely different judge/court using completely different standards. OOP's are based on the need to protect someone from future conduct. 

4 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

This was just a ruling on an order of protection. Even if the judge ruled against Bauer he wouldnt have gone to jail, he merely would have not been allowed to go within a certain distance of the accuser. 

I have no clue what the status of the criminal proceedings are or if charges have even been filed, but that would be handled by an entirely different judge/court using completely different standards. OOP's are based on the need to protect someone from future conduct. 

This was a DVRO hearing in the family law system. There haven’t been any criminal proceedings as there’s currently simply an investigation.

Not sure what about my post that you responded to made it seem like I needed an explanation… but thanks for trying.

Just now, hi8is said:

This was a DVRO hearing in the family law system. There haven’t been any criminal proceedings as there’s currently simply an investigation.

Not sure what about my post that you responded to made it seem like I needed an explanation… but thanks for trying.

You said he should be sentenced to prison, which seems to suggest you believed this hearing had any bearing on the criminal case.

/shrugs

Sorry if my explanation offended you. 

2 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

You said he should be sentenced to prison, which seems to suggest you believed this hearing had any bearing on the criminal case.

/shrugs

Sorry if my explanation offended you. 

“Sentenced to prison for 10 years with a gorilla pumped full of steroids” was just a reflection of my personal feelings towards him.

I’m pretty sure when he was in high school we worked together… unless there happens to be another Trevor Bauer from his same hometown.

Didn’t like him then and and don’t like him a billion times over after all of this stuff has become public.

She was just as bonkers for different reasons. Two extremely broken people creating a trip to a horribly broken system.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:43 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

Bauer is a piece of shit and I thank god every day we didn’t sign him.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If no charges are filed, the Commissioners Office will be forced to make a formal ruling, and either issue a suspension or allow him to return to the Dodgers.

Between the fact he has not pitched since June 28th, and the reporting that the Dodger players (and likely team officials) do not want him to return to the team, it will be interesting to see what happens to him and his contract.

If the Dodgers DFA him, than another team can pick him up at the ML minimum and the Dodgers must eat close to $90M. 

Per Cots Contracts, the Dodgers have only paid him $10M to date, for his signing bonus. His entire 2021 salary of $28M is payable on 11/1/21. If he opts out of his contract, he will instead receive $2M on 11/1/21, and $2M in annual installments between 2031-2040 (payable December 1st, aka "Trevor Bauer Day", which the Dodgers may just pay him upfront to avoid future negative publicity).

A likely scenario, once any suspension ruling takes place, is a contract settlement is agreed to between the team and player and he becomes an unrestricted free agent, after getting paid his 2021 salary plus an additional settlement buyout, less any final appealed suspension salary forfeitures.