Trevor Bauer receives 2 YEAR suspension from MLB

Kyyle23

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Yes sir, I came to post the same thing Tony. Everyone was so quick to throw Bauer under the bus, and call the guy a POS.

I didn’t go super hard in the paint, but I’ll absolutely say I joined in on the Bauer bashing. If this is all true, and I assume it was…he deserves apologies from a ton of people, and she should be in jail. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, Tony said:

I didn’t go super hard in the paint, but I’ll absolutely say I joined in on the Bauer bashing. If this is all true, and I assume it was…he deserves apologies from a ton of people, and she should be in jail. 

I’ve read into this as much as I have about Clevinger (none), but there can easily be similarities.

2 hours ago, Tony said:

https://x.com/baueroutage/status/1708904525724270659?s=42&t=Nd9oJCYs4TMp8_32NrPiMA

Two sides to every story, but Bauer comes out looking fairly well here. 

Jacob Nix seems to have helped set this up on Trevor as well. Go get the bag?  This seems to be part of the story that isnt getting enough press. 

Human beings by nature can be nefarious.  This is why we need to allow for the courts time to do their thing.  Social media has changed society to a the person is guilty all the time because first impressions hit hard.  Evidence and the presumption of innocence and a trial by either a judge or jury is the hallmark of American judice prudence.  Sure he could of been guilty.  And if he was launch him into the center of the sun.  But he wasnt.

A few things.  She should go to prison if this is true.  She basically destroyed this mans legacy and career trying to grift money from his bank account.  She used sex instead of a gun.  Whats the difference.  She has done more harm to women with this than anything.  

Jacob Nix should get his name dragged though the mud.

The dodgers and MLB need to reinstate Bauer and pay him back pay for his contract.  Whether a team signs him or not is up to them.  They did this and he wasnt charged by the p0lice and it was a civil matter.  She was a sketchy person at best with this and things kind of came out to put her story in doubt pretty early.  They also are not consistent with domestic abuse. We have seen plenty of domestic abusers get less of a strict penalty than Bauer did.  The Dodgers didnt want to deal with the pollical fallout but still wanted the money back.  So it seems that they got a gift. Well the Union should be asking for the money now and for full reinstatement.    

Not liking a guy is an interesting thing.  It can skew our perceptions.  There are plenty of pieces of s%*# that you have all cheered for.  Humanity and the character is sometimes a product of the marketing of the player.  Sometimes its real sometimes its not.  There is no difference between these entertainers and the Hollywood types.  They are not role models.  They are entertainment.  Thats it.  

Edited by southsideirish71
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Jacob Nix seems to have helped set this up on Trevor as well. Go get the bag?  This seems to be part of the story that isnt getting enough press. 

Human beings by nature can be nefarious.  This is why we need to allow for the courts time to do their thing.  Social media has changed society to a the person is guilty all the time because first impressions hit hard.  Evidence and the presumption of innocence and a trial by either a judge or jury is the hallmark of American judice prudence.  Sure he could of been guilty.  And if he was launch him into the center of the sun.  But he wasnt.

A few things.  She should go to prison if this is true.  She basically destroyed this mans legacy and career trying to grift money from his bank account.  She used sex instead of a gun.  Whats the difference.  She has done more harm to women with this than anything.  

Jacob Nix should get his name dragged though the mud.

The dodgers and MLB need to reinstate Bauer and pay him back pay for his contract.  Whether a team signs him or not is up to them.  They did this and he wasnt charged by the p0lice and it was a civil matter.  She was a sketchy person at best with this and things kind of came out to put her story in doubt pretty early.  They also are not consistent with domestic abuse. We have seen plenty of domestic abusers get less of a strict penalty than Bauer did.  The Dodgers didnt want to deal with the pollical fallout but still wanted the money back.  So it seems that they got a gift. Well the Union should be asking for the money now and for full reinstatement.    

Not liking a guy is an interesting thing.  It can skew our perceptions.  There are plenty of pieces of s%*# that you have all cheered for.  Humanity and the character is sometimes a product of the marketing of the player.  Sometimes its real sometimes its not.  There is no difference between these entertainers and the Hollywood types.  They are not role models.  They are entertainment.  Thats it.  

Isn’t this supposed to be when she was claiming a “fractured skull” with an x-ray to validate that claim?

31 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

f*** it. Sign him. We’re at such a low point already anyway.

Bauer has been a terrible teammate at several stops (Arizona, Cleveland, Cincinnati) before this even happened. It was clear the Dodgers wanted out of his contract once this came out. 

People thought I was joking about the MLB's "investigation" process, but it has been fairly consistent. If the owner/FO is happy with the player's contract, there will be no or a light suspension. If the owner/FO wants to get out of the contract (primarily for performance or financial impact), the suspension will many times be excessive. This has been the primary consistency in MLB's "investigative" process.

Chapman and others had valid police reports and criminal cases and got a wrist slap by Manfred. That is how the 30 teams like it, and know DV this is one of the few areas they can get public support over the MLBPA. 

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Bauer has been a terrible teammate at several stops (Arizona, Cleveland, Cincinnati) before this even happened. It was clear the Dodgers wanted out of his contract once this came out. 

People thought I was joking about the MLB's "investigation" process, but it has been fairly consistent. If the owner/FO is happy with the player's contract, there will be no or a light suspension. If the owner/FO wants to get out of the contract (primarily for performance or financial impact), the suspension will many times be excessive. This has been the primary consistency in MLB's "investigative" process.

Chapman and others had valid police reports and criminal cases and got a wrist slap by Manfred. That is how the 30 teams like it, and know DV this is one of the few areas they can get public support over the MLBPA. 

Don’t confuse a case report with anything substantive. You could walk into a station and make a report on anything or anyone. It does not mean it’s legitimate.

Friendly reminder that both he could have been set up and he could have sexually assaulted her. The court saying they have no findings doesn’t prove it didn’t happen. And Trevor Bauer is still the asshole he was before and after this.

My personal thoughts. No matter what happened, this gives the already poor regard of women speaking up about sexual assaults or any kind of non-consensual acts. So many women, and men, experience this kinda of trauma in their lives. 1 out of every 6 woman in America is sexually assaulted. It saddens me to imagine how much of an impact it really is. It’s also sad that the most public and mainstream media allegations are the extremely murky ones like Bauers. All I hope for is that people can be on the helpful side of such history. Advocating and standing up for women’s protection. Teaching our sons how to respect women (which I believe fathers in this discord have done a good job of from my understanding). I wish I could say it’s a happy moment that some of this truth has come out, but I don’t think any of us should feel good about anything about this Bauer situation. And yes, this hits close to home for me.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Friendly reminder that both he could have been set up and he could have sexually assaulted her. The court saying they have no findings doesn’t prove it didn’t happen. And Trevor Bauer is still the asshole he was before and after this.

My personal thoughts. No matter what happened, this gives the already poor regard of women speaking up about sexual assaults or any kind of non-consensual acts. So many women, and men, experience this kinda of trauma in their lives. 1 out of every 6 woman in America is sexually assaulted. It saddens me to imagine how much of an impact it really is. It’s also sad that the most public and mainstream media allegations are the extremely murky ones like Bauers. All I hope for is that people can be on the helpful side of such history. Advocating and standing up for women’s protection. Teaching our sons how to respect women (which I believe fathers in this discord have done a good job of from my understanding). I wish I could say it’s a happy moment that some of this truth has come out, but I don’t think any of us should feel good about anything about this Bauer situation. And yes, this hits close to home for me.

There has been a lot of pushback on that claim. Not to diminish the trauma suffered by those who have lived through it.

1 hour ago, Milkman delivers said:

Don’t confuse a case report with anything substantive. You could walk into a station and make a report on anything or anyone. It does not mean it’s legitimate.

I'm not confused about anything. I'm pointing out the fact that police investigated and found found Chapman's gun was fired 8 times, which he admitted to, but the girlfriend stopped cooperating.  He got 30 days from MLB.

Criminal charges were dropped in Bauer's case, not because the woman refused to cooperate but rather because there was not enough evidence to prosecute further. He got 2 years from MLB.

A legitimate process would have resulted in a similar suspension term. The primary difference is the owners were fine with Chapman's contract and did not want to honor Bauer's.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Thanks 1

KyYle?

I remember being eviscerated by this so-called evidence when this story first broke and how taking Bauer’s side (of taking a step back to assess) in any way shape or form was the moral equivalent of repeating the same act oneself against any and all women.

Edited by caulfield12

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

The odds of both those things happening seem extremely slim, to say the least.