Cubs expected to sell a lot, including Bryant, Kimbrel

Balta1701

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

cubs are the perfect example of why the sox need to hold onto vaughn, cease, etc.

This is funny because to me the Cubs did hang onto guys like that, they got rid of excess that was 2 years away. There was a time when Cubs had a surplus of promising position players and people thought they’d trade to balance roster but they kept all of them. That was right move, and losing gleybar probably not near the gut punch they once thought.

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

cubs are the perfect example of why the sox need to hold onto vaughn, cease, etc.

The Quintana trade definitely shortened their window by a few years. Although you could argue that had they gotten the Quintana they thought they were getting, they could have gotten to a WS in 17 and 18. 

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

This is funny because to me the Cubs did hang onto guys like that, they got rid of excess that was 2 years away. There was a time when Cubs had a surplus of promising position players and people thought they’d trade to balance roster but they kept all of them. That was right move, and losing gleybar probably not near the gut punch they once thought.

I mean he's 24 still.  They would be in a helluva lot better shape if they had Dylan, Torres and Eloy right now.  They thought they were trading away "excess" but they were trading away their next foundation.

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

The Quintana trade definitely shortened their window by a few years. Although you could argue that had they gotten the Quintana they thought they were getting, they could have gotten to a WS in 17 and 18. 

Imagine Eloy going back into the ivy at that field. 

3 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Although this is just a proposal from a caller on the Score, it's comically bad and figured it should be shared if anyone is looking for a good laugh this afternoon. 

I’m sorry, but did Bernstein and his co-host just that the price for Joc Pederson would be Cease+.  If so, 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m sorry, but did Bernstein and his co-host just that the price for Joc Pederson would be Cease+.  If so, 🤣🤣🤣

They had to be joking right? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Bernstein and Rahimi should be fired on the spot for thinking Peterson is worth more than Cease. The level of incompetence in that thought process is mind-numbing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Although this is just a proposal from a caller on the Score, it's comically bad and figured it should be shared if anyone is looking for a good laugh this afternoon. 

This is the most Score call I've ever heard.

Meatball fan throws out dumb and lopsided trade idea.
Hosts somehow think that his trade idea wasn't lopsided enough and thinks it should only be worse. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

This is the most Score call I've ever heard.

Meatball fan throws out dumb and lopsided trade idea.
Hosts somehow think that his trade idea wasn't lopsided enough and thinks it should only be worse. 

Or they think Cease sucks and has minimal value. That is a valid thought. 

I'm not sure that Cease doesn't completely suck. He looks like he might be Lopez part deux. 

Dylan Cease is English for Daniel Cabrera. Great stuff, has no idea where it's going. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Or they think Cease sucks, and has minimal value. That is a valid thought. 

No it isn't.  You might not value him at top prospect cost, but he is LONG above dumped for a shitty player with an expiring contract.  4 years of control for even a mediocre starter is FAR and above the return for a Joc Peterson.

• Like 3

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Or they think Cease sucks, and has minimal value. That is a valid thought. 

Cease's numbers haven't even been that bad since the sticky ban. Whoever trades a 25 year old pitcher on pace for a 4 WAR season for a near replacement level outfielder with 3 months of control is an absolute idiot. To think Pederson demands more than that is just incredibly stupid. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 2

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

No it isn't.  You might not value him at top prospect cost, but he is LONG above dumped for a shitty player with an expiring contract.  4 years of control for even a mediocre starter is FAR and above the return for a Joc Peterson.

None of us have any idea how the industry values Cease. They might value him similar to Lopez after 2018. 

• Haha 6

Just now, chw42 said:

Cease's numbers haven't even been that bad since the sticky ban. Whoever trades a 25 year old pitcher on pace for a 4 WAR season for a near replacement level outfielder with 3 months of control is an absolute idiot. To think Pederson demands more than that is just incredibly stupid. 

The same guy that got lit up by the Twins?