7/19 - Twins @ Sox Game 2 "He is Risen: The Return of Reynaldo"

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

Ok, they started Lopez then relieved him with the 27th player.  I always thought the object was to keep the other team from scoring.  Hard to get a lead that way. Just saying. 

Starting Lopez is definitely a head scratcher to me also.  Just feel like once you get behind and see that we aren't swinging the bats well tonight then it's a better time to use some of the other arms in the bullpen.

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Starting Lopez is definitely a head scratcher to me also.  Just feel like once you get behind and see that we aren't swinging the bats well tonight then it's a better time to use some of the other arms in the bullpen.

Frustrating game either way.  Like I said earlier.  Oh well,  if they lose which its trending that way.  Tomorrow is another day. 

• Like 1

Just now, RG23SoxFan said:

If that was the plan for game 2 then it makes how the bullpen was managed in game 1 even more confounding. Foster and Lopez both pitched 2 innings while it was only a 1 run game. You have to manage with some urgency in 1 of these 2 games.

• Like 1

This is such a letdown after a great series. Had some good momentum going into a very winnable series against a bad team and in the span of like 6 hours, we're pissing it all away. We better goddamn hope Houston beats Cleveland. 

So disappointed in this team's effort today.