GT 9/21: SOX @ DET, 12:10

CentralChamps21

Potential Clinch Day!

Keuchel vs Alexander

In case you weren't already aware, this game got moved up from 5:40 to 12:10 due to rain on the way (the rain that we're getting right now)

If the Sox win, I wonder if NBCSC will be on the air live from the team hotel at/near the end of the KC/CLE game (5:10 start)? Would be fun to see Jason/Steve live on the air at the clinching moment.

12 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Come on Keuchel—another one like last time.  Just give us a chance.

Just came here to post the same sentiment.  Would like a decent game from him and the offense to wake up.  We may need Dallas in the playoffs a bit more than I think we all hoped.

32 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Please get the taste of yesterday’s brutal game out of our mouth with double digit runs, please. 

Or at least double-digit hits. Too bad their offense wilted again last night. A win would have clinched it without an Indians loss. The Anderson situation is odd. Why isn't he playing? He has had more than enough rest. Something isn't right, and it hasn't been right for a time. Maybe Keuchel can be like most pitchers nowadays and go five innings.

Tim played back to back games. Day game after night game. Previously they had been trying to play him every other day but he wanted in for getting defensive timing back. Makes sense to rest today. I imagine if it were crucial he would play. 

Just now, BamaDoc said:

Tim played back to back games. Day game after night game. Previously they had been trying to play him every other day but he wanted in for getting defensive timing back. Makes sense to rest today. I imagine if it were crucial he would play. 

Yeah you have to expect that we see at least Romy/Leury at SS, and Collins at C.  Hopefully we at least get Yas at 1B and Abreu at DH.

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They are currently doing mass Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who wakes up Tony.

I've seen Tony awake three times this season.

• 5/17 Yelled at Yermin Mercedes for allegedly ignoring him, banned for life (his or Tony's) on July 2, 2021.
  • 7/30 Ran out to shove Roberto Perez after Jose Abreu was unintentionally hit by James Karinchak on July 30, 2021. La Russa's planned retaliation pending this weekend.
  • 8/23 Yelled at Seby Zavala for allegedly ignoring him, Seby banned for life (his or Tony's) on September 13, 2021.