MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

Just now, thedoctor said:

only going one year for conforto because of yoelqui would be idiotic 

I haven't read a single positive scouting report on Yoelqui since he signed. That would be asinine.

But would the Sox really want to give up a pick for 1 year of Conforto? If they're going to sign him, it seems like a multi year deal makes the most sense.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I haven't read a single positive scouting report on Yoelqui since he signed. That would be asinine.

But would the Sox really want to give up a pick for 1 year of Conforto? If they're going to sign him, it seems like a multi year deal makes the most sense.

This is where I'm at too. If you sign him for one year, you have the same hole to figure out a year from now. Resolve it for multiple years.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

It hasn’t been that active as it was yesterday. I know we have up until midnight but I thought there was going to be this flurry of signings. 

I will say this....a handful of times the Sox have announced their own transaction before anyone else reported it.  Would probably allow them another 24 hours before I’d rule out anything being done.

• Like 1

If the FO misjudged the market this badly, it means that, not, they did not work hard, because they didn't get the work in up-front.   They cut corners and skimp enough as it is (international market; pro-scouting), they have farm #30, and now they completely mess up the FA market?