MLB 2021-2 off season thread

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

For the folks that said he would be the best fit at 2B. And that we are likely after him, no mention of us. 

Just frustrating we’re not mentioned anywhere.  If we’re going to have to wait two months to make some moves, it would be nice to know what the fuck the front office is thinking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just frustrating we’re not mentioned anywhere.  If we’re going to have to wait two months to make some moves, it would be nice to know what the fuck the front office is thinking.

Just feels there’s a significant number of teams that are content waiting until lockout is over.  The Padres are usually the most active team and haven’t done anything.  Same for Yankees, Dodgers, etc.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just feels there’s a significant number of teams that are content waiting until lockout is over.  The Padres are usually the most active team and haven’t done anything.  Same for Yankees, Dodgers, etc.

Those teams are all fucked too. The Rangers are playing the Mets in the 2023 World Series and there won’t be baseball next year.

• Love 1

Just now, hi8is said:

Correa, Trout, Ontani, Rendon… oh my. Maybe they should get some pitching.

Agreed, I mean how would you like to depend on the health of Ohtani & Thor. Also giving a Starting tryout spot to Lorenzen. That Correa thing has to be a Arte thing. If true.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

There seems to be some speculation by fake insiders that Correa might get a massive deal from the Angels.  Also, sounds like Baez won’t be going to the Mets and the Tigers or Red Sox are more likely.

Tried posting the tweet, but it seems like it was recently deleted. Some guy named Paul Sanchez. He has a decent following, and is followed by Ervin Santana.

6 minutes ago, rockren said:

Baez to Tigers per Morosi....good.  If we're not going to make any moves let those competing with us make terrible ones. 

I don't get the Baez hate. He was very good with Mets and has been a 4.5-6 WAR player in 3 of the last 4 years. He is in his prime and as I mentioned earlier - was very good with Mets down the stretch.  I know he has off field / other stuff - but as a pure baseball player - he is very good and physically gifted.  Again - if I'm going to invest - he's the type of talent I don't mind going LT with (with my caveat - he obviously has had some issues in how he has handled himself).