World Series - Braves v. Trashtros

hi8is

Astros got shut down by Atlanta pitching last night, yet somehow I bet they'll "flip the switch" offensively at some point and hit at a crazy pace with runners on and 2 outs like they have in their previous two series.

If that happens, it will confirm in my mind that they're still cheating somehow someway...now if they win by slowing down the Braves offense, then it might be legit but if they go on a tear offensively again with constant "timely hitting", hmmm.

I don't think they're cheating every inning of every game, they're picking their spots to lessen the chance of getting caught, that's my opinion and like I said, cheaters don't get the benefit of the doubt. Tepera made public what a lot of players are thinking...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

30 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Astros got shut down by Atlanta pitching last night, yet somehow I bet they'll "flip the switch" offensively at some point and hit at a crazy pace with runners on and 2 outs like they have in their previous two series.

If that happens, it will confirm in my mind that they're still cheating somehow someway...now if they win by slowing down the Braves offense, then it might be legit but if they go on a tear offensively again with constant "timely hitting", hmmm. 

I don't think they're cheating every inning of every game, they're picking their spots to lessen the chance of getting caught, that's my opinion and like I said, cheaters don't get the benefit of the doubt. Tepera made public what a lot of players are thinking...

Yep, 100% agree.  It could also have something to do with all the extra people, etc, there for the world series that put a wrinkle in what they were doing.  But watching the game yesterday, they looked normal at the plate.  Like they were getting fooled on pitches, etc, instead of laying off perfect breaking pitches like they had the previous two series.   Just have to wait and see.  I hope it's that Atlanta is switching signs up constantly because they had a feeling something was going on.  That they are always just one step ahead of the cheating pricks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The Onion tries hard, but can never top real life, especially with Manfred still walking the planet.

https://theathletic.com/news/mlb-commissioner-rob-manfred-defends-braves-name-the-chop/tdrQkzkqKwun/

“The Native American community in that region is wholly supportive of the Braves program, including 'The Chop.' For me, that’s kind of the end of the story. In that market, we’re taking into account the Native American community."

As a Mexican American who did a DNA ancestry test that gave me a 72% European (Spanish) and 22% Native American and the rest other result, I can't speak for other NA folks (or who have some NA blood) but the tomahawk chop doesn't bother me at all. I could see how the Chief Wahoo image or the Redskins name can be insulting but I can't see how the names Braves or Blackhawks or San Diego State Aztecs or even Indians etc., can be viewed demeaning but that's just me...

I'm still calling that team from Cleveland the Indians, sorry 😆 

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

As a Mexican American who did a DNA ancestry test that gave me a 72% European (Spanish) and 22% Native American and the rest other result, I can't speak for other NA folks (or who have some NA blood) but the tomahawk chop doesn't bother me at all. I could see how the Chief Wahoo image or the Redskins name can be insulting but I can't see how the names Braves or Blackhawks or San Diego State Aztecs or even Indians etc., can be viewed demeaning but that's just me...

I have Cherokee blood and it doesn't bother me.  Odd that these political statements are actually erasing cultures.  Sports team always adopted intimidating names. Technically Indians would be from India. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

The Chop is stooped and racial justice requires three years of Cleveland Caucasians. Not sorry 

• Haha 2

Brantley keeps raking. Atlanta in trouble with bullpen spent, Morton down and Fried battered early, would return for Game 6 back in Houston unless brought back on short rest.

MLB not satisfied with pimping gambling and blue pills, now pimping crypto currency.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

11 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Cleveland Caucasians? You guys already have the Boston Celtics already, wait isn't that racist against Irish people, haha

As you can see social justice has no logic and creates a stench because it pisses on everything.  This kind of stuff ruins forums.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Cleveland Caucasians? You guys already have the Boston Celtics, wait isn't that racist against Irish people, haha

Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Go to downtown Chicago on St Patrick's day and you'll see plenty of shirts associating alcoholism and being Irish. People don't care when you rip on the Irish or joke at their expense. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

Oh lighten up pettie4sox, Cheech Marin used that word since the 70s in a comedic way, it's a word we use amongst ourselves in an endearing way when we mess around, sort of like how black people use the N word amongst themselves without offensive intentions. It's the intent behind the word that counts...anyways I always tell my white and black friends that there isn't anything wrong loving frijoles, I have mad love for them, haha

People are way too sensitive nowadays, sheesh. 

Edited by MexSoxFan#1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Oh lighten up pettie4sox, Cheech Marin used that word since the 70s in a comedic way, it's a word we use amongst ourselves in an endearing way when we mess around, sort of like how black people use the N word amongst themselves without offensive intentions. It's the intent behind the word that counts...anyways I always tell my white and black friends that there isn't anything wrong loving frijoles, I have mad love for them, haha

People are way too sensitive nowadays, sheesh. 

Nah that post was trash and unnecessary