The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Three things:

1. Holy shit.

2. Yeah, I think I was still on WSI, so of course I missed that.

3. I can't imagine anyone, other than the corrupt turds working that system, wanting to keep it that way.

2 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Three things:

1. Holy shit.

2. Yeah, I think I was still on WSI, so of course I missed that.

3. I can't imagine anyone, other than the corrupt turds working that system, wanting to keep it that way.

I’m convinced neither side wants a fair deal and only wants one they clearly win.

Edited by fathom

22 minutes ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Jack, two questions:

1. How would your proposed solution differ from the current, exploitative system?

2. More importantly, how would your proposal, IN ANY WAY, prevent abuses, prevent child exploitation, and end "pre-agreements" and other under the table gamesmanship?

I'm talking about eliminating the domestic draft. 

MLB could bust the Buscones if they wanted to. They don't, because allowing it saves them money. 

It is my opinion that in a system dominated by owners, that the players should be allowed to choose where they pursue their dream. 

The corruption in Latin America needs to end. No arguments there. I completely agree with everyone else on that. I disagree that an international draft is the answer or a good idea. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I wouldn't call that sneaking it in though. Just their negotiation plan. Probably did it because the players' position on this specific issue doesn't make a ton of sense. The only argument against the international draft is doing it too soon. People are flipping on the players over this. If this breaks down the negotiations it will be ugly.

Of course they are.  MLB planned it that way (they're good at this).  Drafts are fun! and no one gives a shit about a bunch of latin teenagers anyway.  Just agree to it and give me my baseball back!  

• Love 1

Just now, maloney.adam said:

They are never going to agree to anything. Might as well cancel the season.

I don’t see what’s going to change in the next few weeks regarding international draft issue.  Personally, I have no desire to get invested in a season of 60-100 games again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t see what’s going to change in the next few weeks regarding international draft issue.  Personally, I have no desire to get invested in a season of 60-100 games again.

I feel you on that one. Once in extreme circumstances like a pandemic it was fine, but not under this circumstance.

• Like 1

Kind of amazing how willingly the MLBPA has given away the rights and earnings of American amateur players yet drew a weird hard line stance for foreign amateurs. I don't think they should give away $'s and etc for American amateurs but it is definitely weird. 

Edit: they were literally willing to harm members salaries with the QO for amateur foreign players not succumbing to a draft.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

Thats disappointing. Most of those kids being exploited won't end up as good as Nomar Mazara, or Micker Adolfo. And trying to forecast them at 12, 13, or 14 what they'll become as grown men is nigh-impossible.

If MLBPA don't want a draft, given that it seems to work elsewhere in sports, then they should come up with a solution for the current corrupt system. 

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Kind of amazing how willingly the MLBPA has given away the rights and earnings of American amateur players yet drew a weird hard line stance for foreign amateurs. I don't think they should give away $'s and etc for American amateurs but it is definitely weird. 

Thank you.....

The draft existed before the MLBPA though. I think that has a lot to do with it. If the MLBPA existed and Curt Flood had done his thing before there was a draft, I don't think there would have been one. 

Edited by Jack Parkman