The MLB lockout is lifted!

southsider2k5

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m convinced neither side wants a fair deal and only wants one they clearly win.

It says you posted this 20 minutes ago. I assume you were convinced weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No. Which is why they've always thrown minor leaguers under the bus... but for foreign amateurs in an exploitative system they were hyper protective. 

Which is really fucked, if you ask me. 

Everyone should have to play by the same rules. Either stand up for the minor leaguers or don't. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

23 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Why would it hurt the competitive balance? Players could go to an organization where they have the best chance at advancing to MLB. Why would someone join the Dodgers if their path is blocked by an All Star? But if they are drafted by LA their career is blocked.

You understand how free agency works right?  Do the small market clubs usually get access to the best players?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

No. Which is why they've always thrown minor leaguers under the bus... but for foreign amateurs in an exploitative system they were hyper protective. 

So why is that part of the CBA?

56 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Exactly. But maybe they are hoping the other side doesn't read all the details, but I really doubt it. 

The Lawyers on both sides are making a fortune.  They have no reason to rush the process.  

13 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You understand how free agency works right?  Do the small market clubs usually get access to the best players?

No I don't. Explain it to me. 

Are you against free agency in general or do players have to earn it by playing for ridiculously low wages for a few years while owners rake in huge profits? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Good counter-argument.  Why don’t we also transfer all equity to the players since what’s best for them is all that matters.

Are you against free agency? 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For amateur talent?  Hell yes.

Why? How would you like it if you didn't get to choose your first job as an adult? 

If you had to work for significantly less than your co-workers for 4 years before being offered a comparable wage? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Why? How would you like it if you didn't get to choose your first job as an adult? 

Sweet, so the Bulls can sign Chet and Jabari Smith this offseason?  Not having a draft for sports might be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

• Love 1

Just now, Bob Sacamano said:

I can’t wait to hear next Monday about how Tuesday is the final chance for a 162-game season!

I think now that ship has truly sailed. 

They were going to force 3 DHs to get that done if a deal was signed today.   There is no way they can do 10 now IMO.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you had to work for significantly less than your co-workers for 4 years before being offered a comparable wage? 

Who chooses their first job? I was out there begging someone to hire me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

For amateur talent?  Hell yes.

Because it will kill competitive balance. So unproven talent years away from a MLB lineup if they ever get there being able to choose which organization they want to play for is bad. Proven MLB All Star talent being able to choose which organization they play for is OK? Which really has a bigger impact on competitive balance? 

But I'm sure the owners appreciate your support. 

• Like 1