Fathoming Bauer not securing a job anywhere?

caulfield12

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33246056/source-los-angeles-dodgers-trevor-bauer-face-criminal-charges-stemming-allegations-sexual-assault

Seems he is still likely to face civil court as well as the delayed MLB investigation…but hard to imagine this will keep him out of MLB forever, despite some early conclusion reaching on social media that he would be put away in jail for at least 5-7 years.

Edited by caulfield12

https://fansided.com/2022/02/08/trevor-bauer-news-dodgers-future/

Seems more a case where her credibility has been seriously wounded...but normally civil follows criminal, yes?  That said, feels like more a case of settling outside of court, although knowing Bauer he might refuse in an effort to be "somewhat vindicated" but who knows in the end.

Ofc the Dodgers still have decisions to make on Kershaw and others...pretty hard to imagine Bauer returning there.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Ofc the Dodgers still have decisions to make on Kershaw and others...pretty hard to imagine Bauer returning there.

In January, he declined his 2022 opt out.

Who is going to trade for a guy owed $45m that just dodged a rape scandal? 

Unless MLB suspends him, he's a Dodger next season (whatever "next season" means at this point).

20 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

In January, he declined his 2022 opt out.

Who is going to trade for a guy owed $45m that just dodged a rape scandal? 

Unless MLB suspends him, he's a Dodger next season (whatever "next season" means at this point).

The Dodgers have the biggest payroll and best farm system.  They can send a financial subsidy and talent to get rid of him if they really want to.

18 minutes ago, ron883 said:

How much salary would the Dodgers have to eat for you to take him on the 2022 White Sox?

They would probably have to eat almost that entire salary.  Don't give JR any ideas.  If he hears about a free pitcher, this turd will be pitching for the Sox.

8 hours ago, CentralChamps21 said:

How much worse is beating the shit out of a woman who literally asked for it than getting two DUIs?

I generally like and agree with most of what you post, but this right here is the worst.  

5 hours ago, ron883 said:

How much salary would the Dodgers have to eat for you to take him on the 2022 White Sox?

I know all players have their faults, but if the White Sox ever wanted to look the other way on this guy, they will lose me until he is off the roster, and who knows, I may find something more interesting in the meantime.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I know all players have their faults, but if the White Sox ever wanted to look the other way on this guy, they will lose me until he is off the roster, and who knows, I may find something more interesting in the meantime.

Ok serious question. In 2012 the White Sox traded for Brett Myers, who once punched his wife in public on a street in Boston. I don’t know and probably will never know everything that Bauer did with these women, but I have substantial trouble saying Bauer is dramatically worse, to the point where this is the right sentiment. Didn’t we all say “we don’t like this but we will come to terms with it” once already?

If this is the standard and perhaps it should be, then we need to take a closer look at ourselves for that one and why we continued to be fans of the team after that.

41 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Ok serious question. In 2012 the White Sox traded for Brett Myers, who once punched his wife in public on a street in Boston. I don’t know and probably will never know everything that Bauer did with these women, but I have substantial trouble saying Bauer is dramatically worse, to the point where this is the right sentiment. Didn’t we all say “we don’t like this but we will come to terms with it” once already?

If this is the standard and perhaps it should be, then we need to take a closer look at ourselves for that one and why we continued to be fans of the team after that.

If the threads are still available, you will see what I thought about Brett Myers. It was disgusting he was on the team. I still watched, still went to games, but wouldn't anymore. I know the players are not all angels, but I tend to draw the line at wife beaters and child abusers.

As far as Bauer, I guess it's possible he is totally innocent and was set up, but....There have been others that claimed he was a rough sex guy, and in the USA, Trevor Bauer and his wealth have a big advantage in the legal system.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Would you become a Cubs fan in the meantime?

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Remember the time the Cubs traded for Aroldis Chapman and then fired the DJ who played “Smack my b**** up” when he was on the mound?

https://www.businessinsider.com/cubs-fired-dj-song-aroldis-chapman-2016-8

I don't remember this, but I do remember being at a Sox game where they played "Here I go again" pregame when Chuck Finley was going to pitch for Cleveland I believe....I found out later that the Sox fired the DJ for playing that Whitesnake song.