Traditionalist or Radical

Texsox

10 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I've been messing around with some radical realignment.  I think most teams would love it but the teams that hate it would really hate it (shut it Pittsburgh!).  I would LOVE to see something like this happen. They can name the leagues and divisions whatever they want.

AL East 

NYY NYM Bos Philly Pitt

NL SE

Wash Balt Atl TB Mia

AL Cent

WS Cubs Mil Minn  Det

NL Cent 

Tor Clev Cincy St Lou KC

AL SW

Tex Hou Colo AZ SD

NL West

Sea SF Oak LAD LAA

Maybe this? Call the divisions what you want

Ny ny bos tor bal
Tampa miami philly pitt dc
Det cle mil cws min
Kc atl cubs stl cincy
Oak sf sea LA col
Sd az tex la hous

- Add two teams.

- Expand rosters to 30 (yeah, league's gonna get watered down initially, but talent will eventually rise).

- Balance the schedule, leave interleague a "special" thing where you don't play everyone in the opposite league every year, but enough playing your own division so damn much.

- Every team has one alternate site game/series each year (Field of Dreams, Rickwood Classic, etc.)

- Salary floor.

- Combined domestic and international draft. Draft lottery for teams that don't make the owner's expanded playoffs, teams can't get back-to-back top 3 picks.

- Eliminate trading international spending.

- Eliminate the Competitive Balance Picks.

- Let teams have fun and really crack down on pitchers doing retaliation for HR celebrations. If Brad Keller pulled his same bullshit against Tim Anderson today, suspend him 15 games and actually make him miss starts. I don't care if it's harsh, send a message.

- Change the extra innings runner on second rule. Make it start in the 12th inning or later.

- Finally, if these changes don't jazz up the sport, beginning in 2030:

On 2/24/2022 at 6:43 AM, CentralChamps21 said:

Batter may not step out of batter's box during a plate appearance. First violation is a warning and each successive violation is a strike.

Third foul ball after reaching two strikes is a strikeout. No more 5-minute plate appearances.

These two are beautiful ideas. Excellent! I'd say second foul ball after reaching 2 strikes. They'd be forced to put the ball in play rather than trying to hit a bomb. You need to send this to a baseball writer to write about.

14 hours ago, Spicy gar said:

Chose 1 hitter per game where the infield can shift. Adjustable if subbed.

Excellent. The shift has gotten me so close to abandoning my baseball fandom. It just disgusts me so badly. Love your idea.

I don’t think the shift should be applicable to a certain hitter. That’s fundamentally unfair to him. Rules have to be uniform to everyone.  

I’m on the side of just making the fielders play in zones on the dirt. Maybe have a 15 foot circumference around second base that fielders can’t be, so a bullet up the middle is a hit again or we actually see good defense.

• Like 1

There is absolutely zero reason a bullpen pitcher who comes into the game has to continue to throw warm up pitches on the mound. He's been warming up in the pen for a while, stop making the game longer. 

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

There is absolutely zero reason a bullpen pitcher who comes into the game has to continue to throw warm up pitches on the mound. He's been warming up in the pen for a while, stop making the game longer. 

I disagree, it allows them the chance to get familiar with the mound and landing spots

42 minutes ago, Tony said:

Not all mounds are identical..  They should get throws but I'd be fine reducing them to 5.  I think they take 8 now?

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I disagree, it allows them the chance to get familiar with the mound and landing spots

Fine, 3 pitches then. 

With the amount of bullpen pitchers now used in the game, it would shave off a decent amount of time.