Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Don't we have like $50 million in room with this new CBT? No excuses not to spend honestly. I'll be pissed if we don't get one more big piece. 

It's like $33 million-ish right now give or take whether there were any formula tweaks (counting meals or something like that). 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It's like $33 million-ish right now give or take whether there were any formula tweaks (counting meals or something like that). 

Spotrac projects us at 194. So we have 36 million in room. I thought we were at 175ish, but that's without benefits and minor league contracts.

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Don't we have like $50 million in room with this new CBT? No excuses not to spend honestly. I'll be pissed if we don't get one more big piece. 

$194M w/ Kimbrel is where I want to say they are.  With a $230M CBT to work with they *should* have plenty of room if they are serious about completing the roster.

4 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Spotrac projects us at 194. So we have 36 million in room. I thought we were at 175ish, but that's without benefits and minor league contracts.

I think Spotrac slightly underestimates what it will actually take for the White Sox to field a roster since they only have $2.25 million in "Minor contracts" there, and there's a boost to the league minimum salary that isn't counted yet that will impact at least 10 guys on this roster. 

Also, I don't know how the "$50 million arbitration pool" might affect this number. Given those things for now I think $36 is probably too high (that's why mentally I've been using $33 million) and it could be a couple million lower if the arbitration bonuses are counted.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I think Spotrac slightly underestimates what it will actually take for the White Sox to field a roster since they only have $2.25 million in "Minor contracts" there, and there's a boost to the league minimum salary that isn't counted yet. 

Also, I don't know how the "$50 million arbitration pool" might affect this number. Given those things for now I think $36 is probably too high (that's why mentally I've been using $33 million) and it could be a couple million lower if the arbitration bonuses are counted.

Either way, that amount of room should allow us to get one Conforto/Castellanos tier FA and re-sign Tepera. If they can trade Kimbrel for a 2B, that'd be a nice off-season.

Edited by chw42