Kris Bryant to the Rockies - 7/$182

Balta1701

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes, let's rehash 1988 some more.

Whether it happened yesterday or 100 years ago is not the point. It has affected this organization's ability to compete.

Going to battle with third tier FA's and a management modus operandi of trying to catch lightening in a bottle may work for you but not me.

Does Reinsdorf pay you to bot for him?

Edited by GradMc

2 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Whether it happened yesterday or 100 years ago is not the point. It has affected this organization's ability to compete.

Does Reinsdorf pay you to bot for him?

Yes. Not holding a grudge for 34 years makes me a bot.  How about get over it?

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Scott Boras is great at his job. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to sign with the Rockies. 

Denver is an awesome place.  No better place for the big contract especially if you're a hitter. 

Just now, ptatc said:

Denver is an awesome place.  No better place for the big contract especially if you're a hitter. 

The Rockies are MLB's laughingstock though. There is virtually zero chance of winning there. 

If he feels he has nothing more to prove on that regard, I can think of worse places to go than Denver. 

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I can't stop laughing at the absurdity that the same owner that cried about keeping the lights on during the lockout just gave Kris Bryant $182M.

Have fun getting him to play after getting banged up when you’re 25 games out 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Have fun getting him to play after getting banged up when you’re 25 games out 

Seriously.  He has a ring and an mvp, and just got paid a boatload.  The motivation to grind when you are in last place probable wanes quickly.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Rockies are MLB's laughingstock though. There is virtually zero chance of winning there. 

If he feels he has nothing more to prove on that regard, I can think of worse places to go than Denver. 

Thus was his one big paycheck. Need to take care of the great-grandkids.

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Last 14 years rockies have been to playoffs 4 times. 

1 more time than the Sox.

They're run by idiots, but crazier things have happened.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Last 14 years rockies have been to playoffs 4 times. 

1 more time than the Sox.

He said are not were. Instead of the very round and normal timeframe of 14 years, how about the last 5?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

He’ll no doubt get traded to a contender again eventually.

58 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

AZ has to be NOT far behind.

Cleveland has too good of a front office, and a nightmarish post-season history.

Pitt is irrelevant.    Baltimore, ditto.

Miami?   Has to be in there somewhere.

TB and Oakland are both well-run franchises hamstrung by financial/stadium/fan-base issues largely beyond their control.

• Like 1