3/22 Spring training game vs MIL

57 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Rosters expanded to 28 guys to start season

Micker.... COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on can he play right field!

I just read where they go back to runners on second to start extra innings. Hate it!!

Edited by Saufley
  • Like 1

amazing over reactions to spring (first week at that) from people that have been here a decade. mercy. Should repost my guide. Here's the cliff's notes: 

Vets: does he look healthy? Literally nothing else matters. Jose could go 0-50 but if he's running well who cares.

Youngsters: are they holding their own? If so, good, put that down for the minimum and maximum  level of competence that you can show in spring. 400/500/700 lines don't matter. Just don't get hitless in 20 PA before going back to minor league camp.

that's it, that's all you can take away. youngsters don't look overmatched and vets look healthy.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wegner said:

Maybe you need our new 2B as your avatar Poppy ;)

No...I like to support the young up and comers.  Currently, I am on Sheets bandwagon trying to prevent him from being shipped off for no good reason.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

amazing over reactions to spring (first week at that) from people that have been here a decade. mercy. Should repost my guide. Here's the cliff's notes: 

Vets: does he look healthy? Literally nothing else matters. Jose could go 0-50 but if he's running well who cares.

Youngsters: are they holding their own? If so, good, put that down for the minimum and maximum  level of competence that you can show in spring. 400/500/700 lines don't matter. Just don't get hitless in 20 PA before going back to minor league camp.

that's it, that's all you can take away. youngsters don't look overmatched and vets look healthy.

A game thread is a game thread is a game thread. Rinse and repeat. ST vs Regular season makes no difference.

4 hours ago, poppysox said:

No...I like to support the young up and comers.  Currently, I am on Sheets bandwagon trying to prevent him from being shipped off for no good reason.  

Try writing messages to Rick Hahn/Brooks Boyer/JR like one of our current posters (although I think he actually wrote traditional mails via USPS).  Back then (mid 90's), it was really cool to get back the insightful responses from GM's with an actual signature and their admin assistant's initials.

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

A game thread is a game thread is a game thread. Rinse and repeat. ST vs Regular season makes no difference.

This is the reason I come to the site. Reading some of the threads especially the game threads reminds me that no matter how down I get, my life is good.

The same reason my wife watches Judy Justice.  You could be those people.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ptatc said:

This is the reason I come to the site. Reading some of the threads especially the game threads reminds me that no matter how down I get, my life is good.

The same reason my wife watches Judy Justice.  You could be those people.

But for the grace of the baseball gods go I

18 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Rosters expanded to 28 guys to start season

Micker.... COME ON DOWN! You're the next contestant on can he play right field!

I feel like I’ve been hearing his name long enough, and without any FA signing, I’d like to see them bring him up to see what he can do. Let him be part of the RF rotation.

12 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I feel like I’ve been hearing his name long enough, and without any FA signing, I’d like to see them bring him up to see what he can do. Let him be part of the RF rotation.

I love Micker.  Been a favorite of mine for years.  Really bummed he ran out of time in this org and I do think he'll be a solid, albeit very flawed, big leaguer.  But giving him any playing time over Andrew Vaughn in 22 is insane.  Don't mind holding him on the expanded 28 man roster if they don't get any trade offers worth taking before OD, but I just don't see him getting much of any playing time. Would seem like 2 RPs would be a much better use of the spot. 

Edited by ChiSox59

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I love Micker.  Been a favorite of mine for years.  Really bummed he ran out of time in this org and I do think he'll be a solid, albeit very flawed, big leaguer.  But giving him any playing time over Andrew Vaughn in 22 is insane.  Don't mind holding him on the expanded 28 man roster if they don't get any trade offers worth taking before OD, but I just don't see him getting much of any playing time. Would seem like 2 RPs would be a much better use of the spot. 

I’m assuming Vaughn will rotate between 1B, LF, RF and DH. I’d be looking for Adolfo to take some of Leury’s ABs in RF.