Vaughn has a hip pointer injury, out 1-2 weeks

Sleepy Harold

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hey guess what Stone Pony, La Russa can have his players’ backs without ripping into the fanbase.  Not that hard to do.

And the scary part here is this is proof that Tony has significant influence over personnel decisions and that Hahn is basically an assistant GM.  Our only hope to win a World Series now is our core being good enough and can stay healthy enough to overcome Tony’s incompetence.

Like he had Yermin's back after the Minnesota fiasco?  Didn't he throw someone else under the bus too?  His embarrassing moments were too many to keep track of.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Like he had Yermin's back after the Minnesota fiasco?  Didn't he throw someone else under the bus too?  His embarrassing moments were too many to keep track of.

When you ignore the manager, why would he have your back?

It goes both ways.

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

He can STFU already please and thanks.  

I think he’s saying true White Sox fans should damn well know Reinsdorf isn’t spending any extra money to acquire a RF from outside the organization when they have MULTIPLE 1B/DH who can handle standing in that RF spot equally as well.  And he’s right.  We do know this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It goes both ways.

Because it's literally his job and there's a very different way to handle such things other than "Telling the other team to throw at him"? Seriously, this one is excessive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Because it's literally his job and there's a very different way to handle such things other than "Telling the other team to throw at him"? Seriously, this one is excessive.

I don't recall him telling the other team to throw at him. I thought it was "I don't blame them if they do." 

Still I don't blame the manager for throwing a player under the bus when the Ayer just flat out doesn't listen.

Edited by ptatc

3 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

He can STFU already please and thanks.  

What an arrogant ass.  (TLR, not you Tnetennba!). Unless you agree with TLR you are not a Sox fan.  F’n idiot.

Edited by RTC
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, RTC said:

Come on now, it’s ptatc.  If anyone on here knows how much to stretch it would be our medical expert! 

That's is one thing we know from the literature, the more you stretch (passively anyway) the more likely you are to be injured. 😁

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, RTC said:

What an arrogant ass.  (TLR, not you Tnetennba!). Unless you agree with TLR you are not a Sox fan.  F’n idiot.

You're either with the terrorists/Russians/Taliban or you're with TLR...apparently.

I mean, middle schoolers with Strat O Matic cards can do better roster construction and still look to get better instead of creating on their laurels.

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

There is a distinct difference. But I can see why you would want to obfuscate it.

Still, not completely necessary to make it more about yourself. That worked with Guillen, to a point, but not so well after a decade away from the game... well, he ONLY needs 11 more years at 90 wins per season nly realistically think about catching Connie Mack. 

And nobody playing baseball today was even alive in 1979 when TLR started managing. Pujols born in 1980.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Still, not completely necessary to make it more about yourself. That worked with Guillen, to a point, but not so well after a decade away from the game... well, he ONLY needs 11 more years at 90 wins per season nly realistically think about catching Connie Mack. 

And nobody playing baseball today was even alive in 1979 when TLR started managing. Pujols born in 1980.

This is true. He did go overboard. Bit the premise still stands on the throwing the player under the bus. If you are a marginal player and ignore the manager, nothing good will come of it.

The pint about anyone being alive when he started managing is irrelevant. 

Just now, ptatc said:

This is true. He did go overboard. Bit the premise still stands on the throwing the player under the bus. If you are a marginal player and ignore the manager, nothing good will come of it.

If you are a professional manager you handle that internally. You do not take those matters public and you certainly don’t defend the other team for throwing at your player. There is no second side to this and to try to excuse that behavior is also completely rotten. I’m out.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Pujols born in 1980.

Maybe, probably not.
In TLR's early years, he was known as a progressive young lion. Using then-advanced approaches to the game, he wasn't of the seat-of-your-pants, school of hard knocks kind of managers. These days, I wonder if he even knows what a metric such as wRC+ is. From the looks of it, he doesn't have much of a handle on even using spray charts effectively. He did an effective job juggling the lineup and positions last year, but it's clear he's no longer in sync with modern managerial methods and processes. A tougher division and possible drop off in SP quality could put him to a greater test than that of losing Pantera and Eloy last year.

Edited by FoxForce2

50 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It goes both ways.

I don’t care what TLR claims about missing a sign.  You don’t throw a guy under the bus like that to the media, you take care of it in the clubhouse behind closed doors.  

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If you are a professional manager you handle that internally. You do not take those matters public and you certainly don’t defend the other team for throwing at your player. There is no second side to this and to try to excuse that behavior is also completely rotten. I’m out.

I wouldn't disagree with this as long as it applies to the players as well. 

Again it goes both ways.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don’t care what TLR claims about missing a sign.  You don’t throw a guy under the bus like that to the media, you take care of it in the clubhouse behind closed doors.  

I wouldn't disagree In fact I think I said this at the time, as long as it goes both ways.

1 hour ago, SoxBlanco said:

I don’t love TLR, but that Astros series had little to do with his decisions or the fact that we coasted into the playoffs. Our starting pitchers couldn’t throw strikes and then got pounded when they were forced to. 

You aren’t wrong, but it doesn’t mean TLR was good either.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The game has changed a lot the last decade.  Kapler, Cora, Cash, Hinch and Roberts are the next generation.

The old school guys are almost all gone...just Melvin, Showalter and Maddon remaining.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

You aren’t wrong, but it doesn’t mean TLR was good either.  

Agreed. In my opinion it should all be internal and never brought to the media.

Unfortunately,  it far to often makes it out there in the media today.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The game has changed a lot the last decade.  Kapler, Cora, Cash, Hinch and Roberts are the next generation.

The old school guys are almost all gone...just Melvin, Showalter and Maddon remaining.

Doesn't have anything to do with when people were born. 

I would also add Girardi to the old school.

6 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Since they brought him in, I've wondered how much Baker has to say about the nuts and bolts of running the Astros in game.

5 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Really did not need to dive 

What would that do to your pitching staff knowing so many balls are going to fall in that wouldn't with an average MLB RFer?  It's much easier said than done for competitive athletes.  See Aaron Rowand always throwing his body around.  Part of his built-in DNA.