4/2 | White Sox vs Diamondbacks | 8:10PM CT | Bally Sports AZ

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

He wasn't barely walking of the field. He had a slight limp with no assistance.

There isn't enough information to make a good guess either way. Could be anything. Just pointing out that there is no reason to assume surgery. That fact it's the same knee that didn't need surgery for the issue is a good sign.

I appreciate your view I truly do. Sox do things strangely sometimes. We will see tomorrow . 

1 minute ago, quickman said:

I appreciate your view I truly do. Sox do things strangely sometimes. We will see tomorrow . 

Just trying to throw most common possibilities out there.

1 minute ago, quickman said:

Either way counting on Lynn for the first half of the year In your window is stupid . They need a damn plan and it will cost money .

Not if they include Montgomery and/or Kath in a trade. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Sounds like how the Cubs ended up with a barren system with no way to replenish at the end of their window.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If the team is truly capped out, I think it's something they probably explore. 

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Not if they include Montgomery and/or Kath in a trade. 

Well let’s think about this . First it’s basically Oakland , cinci and Pitt who are sellers right this moment . Mainly Oakland, next the Sox are in a pickle in a couple of years with Moncada so they really want those draft picks to work out because they won’t want to pay Moncada 30 million. So it’s up to them how they measure this. Eitherway this first half of the year is challenging if Lynn is out which he will be for sometime. 

15 minutes ago, quickman said:

Biggest issue is the Sox have no starting pitching in the minors. It’s unfortunate maybe they can bring in lambert for one game but the rest just plain suck or are not ready. 

I agree. This is the reason I always said pitching was a higher priority than RF this off season.

3 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

So Lynn’s leg/knee is getting amputated and Grandal is still useless behind home plate. What a great day. 

Too many vets on the wrong side of 30 combined with letting Rodon walk without compensation…it will be easy to diagnose five years from now.

For the present, the offense/Robert can carry them through the AL Central for at least one year and likely two.

7 hours ago, ptatc said:

I agree. This is the reason I always said pitching was a higher priority than RF this off season.

LaRussa was right about the Sox having guys who could play RF , at least at what they call serviceable standards. Like Tony or not, he was probably right.   Meanwhile, Hahn, with a boatload of outfield types on board, cashes in his  16 MIl. Kimbrel  chip to get another one.

Realistically, there is no "window" to win "multiple championships" when you don't have a deep and solid starting staff. There are some talented pitchers like Kopech and even ReyLo, but they are not guys who can be counted on to start all year.  Keuchel has looked lost after umpires startled checking for foreign substances.

Another problem with a weak rotation is the potential burn-out of bullpen arms who have to cover more innings than expected.

• Haha 1