Manaea to Padres, Sox were in on him

bmags

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

There’s no window if they don’t replace Rodon with a starter and people keep getting hurt. Meanwhile players age and people leave. This is why if they were short on prospects I thought they had to go out and spend on areas of weakness in free agency.

But if they traded Vaughn who would they need to get back with Montas for Soxtalk to feel good about the trade?

Right but if Oakland wants Vaughn, who do the Sox need to get back so that they get a good enough return?

You're firstly making a mistake thinking Hahn would get something back, but I'll go with Laureano since they can't trust Engel to stay healthy.  (And yes, he's suspended for roughly the first month.)  Which matches the Joe Kelly deal.

Edited by caulfield12

15 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Oakland doesn't have anyone worth Vaughn.

If Luis Castillo wasn't injured, that's a guy I'd trade Vaughn for. 

Fine. What player that addresses a need is Vaughn worth?

14 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You're firstly making a mistake thinking Hahn would get something back, but I'll go with Laureano since they can't trust Engel to stay healthy.  (And yes, he's suspended for roughly the first month.)  Which matches the Joe Kelly deal.

At least you have thought about a name.

13 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Vaughn has a more ascertainable value than Burger and esp. Sheets.   Extracting that value in a trade is difficult, however.  Montas sure isn't it.

Fair enough.

Then who is it? I really don’t get the hard on for a player rushed up who hits the long ball and has no official position. Or is it that Vaughn is the tradeable piece worth a damn or is it that Vaughn will replace Abreu?

Edited by The Beast

Just now, The Beast said:

Fine. What player that addresses a need is Vaughn worth?

At least you have thought about a name.

Then who is it? I really don’t get the hard on for a player rushed up who hits the long ball and has no official position. Or is it that Vaughn is the tradeable piece worth a damn or is it that Vaughn will replace Abreu?

The fact that he was drafted so high to be a reliable 25-30+ homer, doubles hitting machine for the next decade at 1B.  Generational bat, etc.

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

This board has become full on insufferable. The White Sox not having a window beyond 2023 is 1 of the dumber things typed on the internet today

Let it be noted that I said 2024 is the last year.  And KC only had two years, total, but boy they were good ones.  Just one Bumgarner super human effort away from two consecutive World Series titles.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

There’s no window if they don’t replace Rodon with a starter and people keep getting hurt. Meanwhile players age and people leave. This is why if they were short on prospects I thought they had to go out and spend on areas of weakness in free agency.

But if they traded Vaughn who would they need to get back with Montas for Soxtalk to feel good about the trade?

Right but if Oakland wants Vaughn, who do the Sox need to get back so that they get a good enough return?

Don't ask me but if Vaughn is traded there will be a huge outcry. Guaranteed.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

People forget that Vaughn hit .235 with a 68 wRC+ against RHP last year. 

On Sundays, after 2:35, when it is partially overcast.

He was a rookie. There is a slight possibility he will improve.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

IM GONNA RUIN ALL OF YOU ****ERS AND END THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL SO COVER YOUR GOD*** EYES IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU AND RUN FOR YOUR ****ING LIVES!!!!

HELL FIRE AND ACID RAIN IS ABOUT TO POUR!!!!!!!

Edited by hi8is
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, ptatc said:

On Sundays, after 2:35, when it is partially overcast.

He was a rookie. There is a slight possibility he will improve.

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Vaughn can get better, why couldn't Keller or Luzardo? 

They were all rookies last year. 

Keller and Luzardo have + stuff so why is Vaughn the only player capable of improving? 

What makes Vaughn a stud hitter in the making but Keller/Luzardo are doomed to be eternal gascans? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Heads22 changed the title to Manaea to Padres, Sox were in on him