Manaea to Padres, Sox were in on him

bmags

1 hour ago, TaylorStSox said:

The board is like a contest between Caufield and Jack to see who can be the biggest shit poster. 

What did I write that was inaccurate today?  Let’s hear it.  Will be waiting with bated breath.

And what posts are you noted for, exactly?  

I mean, honestly, the only time I notice is your taking shots at particular posters over and over again, but I suppose that’s good if you can get some likes out of it.

Edited by caulfield12

Do you really believe the top teams in the game need to get validation that “they were in on XYZ target”?

The fans of those teams expect actual results, not rationalizations like “he wasn’t worth the asking price, we didn’t want to mortgage the future, etc.”  Corbin Burnes and Wheeler get brought up constantly.  I don’t hear the Twins promoting that Mike Radcliffe had a verbal agreement with Juan Soto’s buscones before they flip flopped to Washington at the last minute.

Preller got rebuffed yesterday by the Mets and was right back at it trying to make his team better the next day.

And that constant tinkering can backfire.  It certainly did last year.  That hunger to get better everyday and compete with the best was more hardwired into KW almost twenty years ago than it is into Sox DNA right now.  Riverboat gambler mode.  At least it was exciting and entertaining.  Currently, just feels like we’re simply content to rest on our laurels than to do everything possible to put a legit WS contending team on the field.

If anything, it would be better to say nothing about Sox efforts because it comes off like we never have the needed bullets to get anything done.  That’s even more frustrating.  If Manaea (granted, about as likely as Rodon last year) wins the Cy Young, the storyline will be that we were right there until the final minute and had evaluated him perfectly.

Edited by caulfield12

Looking at today's lineup, I'm surprised to see Vaughn back so soon. If he has the kind of season, most think he's capable of, that is going to be one potent lineup. There is only one average hitter, being Harrison, one through nine. Everyone else is dangerous. However, it does make me think that this roster could afford to give up some of that great offense, for better depth in the rotation.

3 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't want them to trade him for just anyone. I recognize his value. 

I just think that the board overrates his value league wide. He's a RH hitting 1B. As good as his potential is, that's not exactly a valuable piece. 

I don't overrate Vaughn, but there's a wide gap between Vaughn and what the Padres gave up to get Manaea.

14 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I don't overrate Vaughn, but there's a wide gap between Vaughn and what the Padres gave up to get Manaea.

We're not talking about Vaughn for Manaea, We're talking about Vaughn for Keller or Luzardo. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

So everyone is mad that we didn’t overpay for the pitcher everyone was worried we were going to overpay for. Got it. 

Yeah, I don't know, but Vaughn is so good and valuable that the Sox can't even find a spot for him. I'd trade him. At the end of the day, he is a first baseman.

25 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

please just trade vaughn for an elite sp

It sure would have been easier just bringing back Rodon. I’ll never understand how they (Sox management, media) were able to convince 70%+ of Sox fans on this forum that a two year contract for potentially a cy-young calibur pitcher was a bad investment.  Especially when they have done NOTHING to replace him. And now we’re left having to potentially deal one of our younger positional pieces to fill a hole they created. Wasn’t the whole point of the rebuild to supplement the cheap, cost controlled players with more elite players through FA?

• Like 1