HOME OPENER GAMETHREAD 4/12/22: Sox vs Mariners (Velasquez vs Brash) 3:10 pm CDT

TheTruth05

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think it's much more that Moncada's production is shaped differently than people expected. If he was getting to a ~125 wRC+ with more power and fewer walks, I'm not sure how much people would really be complaining about his bat.

Exactly,  that's why I get on him sometimes because I prefer a 3rd sacker who hits.

I like hitterish guys like Brantley and lefties with sweet swings and guys with a good slugging percentage. His overall game is boring, lots of walks, lots of K's ,and very solid D. It's not sexy but he's good for 4 WAR . I still was one of a few who put him on my current Sox Mt. Rushmore because of that over guys like Eloy and Robert because they haven't been on the field enough yet. Not many took that thread seriously .

5 hours ago, SoxBlanco said:

Thanks.  I think 130 starts and 140 games played is a reasonable expectation this year (assuming he is healthy all year, obviously).

And assuming he gets to around 100 wRC+ against RHP . I love how I'm the only one thinking he need to show a good amount of improvement to like ,actually earn his playing time against RHP.

47 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Always good to win a game where the pitching matchup 100% didn't favor us, on paper. Lets hope we split the next 2 games, somehow, assuming Jim Parque, Jr loses tomorrow.

Mike Cameron back in the line-up?  Well, Dez was with Detroit...

Strange stat of the day:  Every member of the Dodgers right now has a sub 477 OPS except for Chris Taylor and the (often theoretically acquired) Gavin Lux...

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Meh.  He's pressing again.  He can be his own worst enemy.  He'll fight thru it.  

By fight thru it you mean in AAA in about a month? No way the Mariners let him tank their playoff season. He is flat out the worst player in MLB right now.

• Like 1