Apple TV plus

Harold's Leg Lift

24 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just amazed people are still asking that. I'm old and not even that tech savvy and even I can figure this out . I still dislike cell phones ! Should've done it for last weeks game to work out whatever kinks or problems you are having.

Apple TV is not Apple TV + .All you need is the Apple TV app which is free for most smart TV's . My only caveat is I have had an itunes account forever and they do have my financial info. If that made it easier to set up an Apple TV (used the same email and password as my itunes) account then great for me. But once u have Apple TV you just click on the Apple TV+ tab and the game is right there to also click on. Sounds like you applied for a free trial of Apple TV+ which was not necessary at all.

I'm in California so blackout rules for Sox games in the Chicagoland area do not apply to me.

One more thing I live in L.A.County about a 1/2 hr. from Dodger Stadium and I'm watching the followup game to the Sox game  Dodgers @ Reds and I'm not blacked out !

Understand your comment that blackout rules in the Chicagoland area don't apply to you. However, when the Sox play the Dodgers and Angels are you not blocked out from the Sox broadcast and forced to watch the local feed? 

6 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Understand your comment that blackout rules in the Chicagoland area don't apply to you. However, when the Sox play the Dodgers and Angels are you not blocked out from the Sox broadcast and forced to watch the local feed? 

I have no idea since I cancelled my MLB subscription because of the strike and the fact I can watch Sox games for free on my computer. SO if the Sox play the Dodgers I'll still be able to watch them. All I know is that since I don't pay for anything I never see the Dodgers on free TV except tonight on Apple TV.

7 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just amazed people are still asking that. I'm old and not even that tech savvy and even I can figure this out . I still dislike cell phones ! Should've done it for last weeks game to work out whatever kinks or problems you are having.

Apple TV is not Apple TV + .All you need is the Apple TV app which is free for most smart TV's . My only caveat is I have had an itunes account forever and they do have my financial info. If that made it easier to set up an Apple TV (used the same email and password as my itunes) account then great for me. But once u have Apple TV you just click on the Apple TV+ tab and the game is right there to also click on. Sounds like you applied for a free trial of Apple TV+ which was not necessary at all.

I'm in California so blackout rules for Sox games in the Chicagoland area do not apply to me.

One more thing I live in L.A.County about a 1/2 hr. from Dodger Stadium and I'm watching the followup game to the Sox game  Dodgers @ Reds and I'm not blacked out !

Your bragging about how well you navigated the extra, needless hassle associated with watching this single game on a separate streaming service is really not making the point you think it is.  People should’ve started “prepping” for watching this game last week?  🤑 I’m sure Apple appreciates your support tho

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's also pretty simple as long as your TV is capable of getting the Apple TV app. I have an Android TV and I could still get the Apple TV app and I watched the game last week on it for free. I didnt need an iphone at all because I don't have one. It's very helpful though to have an itunes account. SO I used the same itunes email address and password I used to set up the Apple TV app on my smart ANdroid TV.

I went through a password reset on an Apple ID that I had from who knows when.  Must've been from work.  Anyway, once I did that, it wanted me to validate my account on iTunes.  I gave up after that.  I'm logged in, password works, but go do more?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Your bragging about how well you navigated the extra, needless hassle associated with watching this single game on a separate streaming service is really not making the point you think it is.  People should’ve started “prepping” for watching this game last week?  🤑 I’m sure Apple appreciates your support tho

Excuse me I was very helpful in every Apple thread explaining how to use this opportunity to watch the Sox on Apple. This I think is the 3rd thread on it and if people had paid attention during the 1st 2 threads instead of crying about what a hassle it is this thread wouldn't have existed.   Yes it is some peoples fault for waiting till the last minute  then panicking when they couldn't figure it out.  I didn't see you in any of the other threads helping people by explaining in simple terms how to get the games  for free.

Apple products are too expensive for me. Watching these games for free doesn't give Apple 1 damn dime from my pocket or anyone else. That's not the kind of support Apple is looking for. Sure they want you to tune in and watch the game and maybe you'll also check out some Apple programming while you are there . Any station with programming wants you to buy their product.  I , for one, appreciate watching free baseball , and I took the time necessary to get it . Apple didn't make it difficult for me .

54 minutes ago, dakuda said:

I went through a password reset on an Apple ID that I had from who knows when.  Must've been from work.  Anyway, once I did that, it wanted me to validate my account on iTunes.  I gave up after that.  I'm logged in, password works, but go do more?  

How much longer would that extra step have taken ? 5 minutes max maybe ? Dude what can I say if people don't want to go through extra security steps  that's up to you. We all know hacking is a huge problem and if we don't take the necessary steps to protect our money,identity and privacy things will get worse. Heck with the internet and cell phones privacy really doesn't exist anymore.

4 hours ago, dakuda said:

You obviously didn’t want it hard enough.  And they tried *so hard* to give you a nice thing.  Perhaps a polite letter of apology to Apple and MLB is in order?  

• 1 month later...

Bump as I cannot imagine I am the only person not remembering how I watched the last AppleTV+ game.  Friday night's game will be on it again. 

I do believe its still free and that you don't actually need to subscribe, but cannot confirm. 

It's free and all you need is an Apple ID which is free to sign up for. 

Having said that, Apple TV sucks! Even if you give me 3 months free, I would never use it. I hate streaming TV as it's slow and annoying and it can't be recorded. I also hate their broadcast team and the hassle I have to go through to watch this game.

The good news is, it's the last Sox Apple TV game this season. Good riddance Apple TV!

• Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 11:48 AM, The Kids Can Play said:

It's free and all you need is an Apple ID which is free to sign up for. 

Having said that, Apple TV sucks! Even if you give me 3 months free, I would never use it. I hate streaming TV as it's slow and annoying and it can't be recorded. I also hate their broadcast team and the hassle I have to go through to watch this game.

The good news is, it's the last Sox Apple TV game this season. Good riddance Apple TV!

And on the opposite end of the spectrum I love free ! But some people are more easily annoyed than others. Broadcasters are just noise. I am not annoyed that they are bad since I'm watching the Sox for FREE on a big screen TV in 4K or as close as I can come to 4K (HDR10). It sure beats watching them (again for FREE ) on my 21 inch computer monitor in SD.

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And on the opposite end of the spectrum I love free ! But some people are more easily annoyed than others. Broadcasters are just noise. I am not annoyed that they are bad since I'm watching the Sox for FREE on a big screen TV in 4K or as close as I can come to 4K (HDR10). It sure beats watching them (again for FREE ) on my 21 inch computer monitor in SD.

What kind of computer do you have? You can probably wireless connect it to your TV or run an HDMI to the TV and watch every game on your big screen.

2 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

What kind of computer do you have? You can probably wireless connect it to your TV or run an HDMI to the TV and watch every game on your big screen.

A desktop Lenovo. I've tried to connect them via wifi but I can't get one to recognize the other one but I'm not the most tech savvy guy around. I would need maybe a  25 ft. HDMI cable . My monitor is hooked up to the desktop by the old VGA method but it does have a HDMI port as does the computer and the TV have several. The computer has only one HDMI port. MY TV has Chromecast but I don't think my computer does. I think I actually have got the computer to recognize the TV before actually but without Chromecast on the computer I couldn't get my monitor picture on the TV . If you think you have a solution PM me. Thanks.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2022 at 1:16 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Bump as I cannot imagine I am the only person not remembering how I watched the last AppleTV+ game.  Friday night's game will be on it again. 

I do believe its still free and that you don't actually need to subscribe, but cannot confirm. 

https://tv.apple.com/us/room/apple-tv-major-league-baseball/edt.item.62327df1-6874-470e-98b2-a5bbeac509a2

This page says, "free for a limited time." Doesn't say when that limited time ends, but I'm gonna guess it's not in the next 8 hours.