Crosstown Series Game Two--6:40 CT

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Given the players available that lineup is about as good as you can hope for. At least Sheets isn't in RF again.

The Top 4 are the 4 best BAs against Hendricks basically in order. Not a huge fan of playing matchups that specifically, but it's pretty whatever. 

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Does the bottom 4 or 5 of the lineup even get a hit?

You think Grandal and Pollock are that bad of hitters?

And that McGuire is a better option?

Edited by ptatc

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I actually remembered it from YEARS ago when they used it in an ad campaign.

I remember attempting to do a day game at Wrigley than a night game at Comiskey. Yeah, we were toast by the 4th inning at Comiskey. Forgot where we parked. It was a two day hang over. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

I remember attempting to do a day game at Wrigley than a night game at Comiskey. Yeah, we were toast by the 4th inning at Comiskey. Forgot where we parked. It was a two day hang over. 

I feel like I would try this saying I was gonna pace myself and just completely fail.  That's a long day.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

The .1 I wouldn't have known specifically, but the 8 miles apart is pretty common knowledge I feel.

I never thought about it, but I would have guessed at least 12 miles. Possibly fifteen. And I consider myself a Chicagoan. I may have to revoke my membership card. 

• Haha 1

I never thought about it, but I would have guessed at least 12 miles. Possibly fifteen. And I consider myself a Chicagoan. I may have to revoke my membership card. 

You're accustomed to Texas metrics now. Everything's bigger in Texas. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Spumoni said:

I feel like I would try this saying I was gonna pace myself and just completely fail.  That's a long day.

I think if it was only Sox fans in the group it may have ended well but the Cub fans had to show us the cool bars to go to before the game.  Yeah, there was no pacing involved. But it sounded so good when we planned it. 

I feel like it gets said a lot by national media when covering cross town games.  Or it used to.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotta love The Slap Factory at the bottom of the order!

I know Burger isn't hitting, but I'd still take him at 3rd and Harrison at 2nd over both crappy slap hitters in the same lineup.

Just now, DoUEvenShift said:

You're accustomed to Texas metrics now. Everything's bigger in Texas. 

LOL. I was thinking I would take Halsted down it would take about 30 minutes, maybe 45.