5/24 Pivetta vs. Cease 7:10

bmags

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The division race is obviously far from over, but the Twins might just be a ~95+ win team. There is definitely part of me focusing as much on the WC at this point.

Sox need to really pick it up and also hope the AL East just beats up each other.  Also it wouldn’t hurt if the Angels act like previous years and choke.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Btw, coming into today, Twins schedule is only barely (.489 vs .482) harder the rest of the way

Sox need to beat the Twinkies in their head to head matchups at this point

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.fangraphs.com/standings/playoff-odds

They're going to do a death cross tonight, lol.   Entering the day, Sox still the favorites.  Didn't double check against 538.com/Nate Silver.

These projections are being propped up by the Sox getting best catcher in baseball production from Yaz going forward. It's difficult for me to have any confidence in that happening, and I've probably been the biggest Yaz defender (or at least amongst them, certainly) on this forum the last 2 years.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Like retire 

So much for that deal remaining a feather in Hahn's cap...

We're back to discussion the extensions for Robert and Anderson as the only good moves.    (I guess Cueto and Kelly/Graveman have been a mixed bag of late.)

Just now, greg775 said:

I'm OK with getting rid of Tony. That is all.

This team is a mediocre mess. Losing like this at home is a total and utter embarrassment. So Leury to pitch one or two innings?

I’d get rid of Hahn first in all honesty