5/24 Pivetta vs. Cease 7:10

bmags

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So much for that deal remaining a feather in Hahn's cap...

We're back to discussion the extensions for Robert and Anderson as the only good moves.    (I guess Cueto and Kelly/Graveman have been a mixed bag of late.)

2022 we eat Keuchel's $18 million

2023 we eat Grandal's $18 million

2024 we eat Moncada's $29 million ($24 +$5 buy out for 2025 option)

We are so fucked.

Edited by HOFHurt35

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’d get rid of Hahn first in all honesty 

I'd be OK with that. It truly is time to fire people. HOWEVER that costs money, lot of money to pay Tony's salary the rest of his deal, pay Hahn's contract and NO WAY Jerry will do that. This embarrassment should cause firings tho. No more defending Tony. He needs to go relax somewhere and fish for a few months.

Edited by greg775

Just now, greg775 said:

I'd be OK with that. It truly is time to fire people. HOWEVER that costs money, lot of money to pay Tony's salary the rest of his deal, pay Hahn's contract and NO WAY Jerry will do that. This embarrassment should cause firings tho.

Add all of their salaries up and it's still probably less than what they're paying Joe Kelly or whatever. Front office & coaching salaries are drops in the bucket for MLB franchises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

2024 we eat Moncada's $29 million ($24 +$5 but out for 2025 option)

We are so fucked.

You're still not yet accounting for Eloy's ongoing injuries, Pollock opting in for next season, another year of Leury and some type of "retirement gift contract" for Jose Abreu.

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

2024 we eat Moncada's $29 million ($24 +$5 but out for 2025 option)

We are so fucked.

It’s why they should dump Yoan immediately if anyone wants him. Does anyone really think he’s going to start hitting like it’s 2019 again?  

1 minute ago, fathom said:

It’s why they should dump Yoan immediately if anyone wants him. Does anyone really think he’s going to start hitting like it’s 2019 again?  

Is there a foolish team out there to take on $46 for the next 2 seasons?

Just now, fathom said:

Honest question, do you think he’s ever going to hit like that again?  

He had a 122 wRC+ last year. I don't think the aliens from space jam came down and sapped his talent. He is a very good player in the prime of his career. He's obviously struggling right now, maybe it's oblique related, maybe he's just in a slump. I don't know. But you of all people, who are otherwise one of the most rational people on here, are too smart to go off the handle every time Yoan goes through a funk.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Burger in at 2B

If there’s a time to fuck with shit - it’s now. Also… guess Devers and Kopech would have been the right call after all.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Maybe one that is obsessed with fWAR?  I used to love watching him bat lefty.  Now, it’s painful to watch.

No one is getting paid off batting average, HR's, and RBI's. Even the dumbest teams in baseball are going to value a 26 year old coming off a season where they had a 122 wRC+/117 OPS+ with very good defense and a track record of doing even better than that.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Maybe one that is obsessed with fWAR?  I used to love watching him bat lefty.  Now, it’s painful to watch.

The rest of baseball sees what we all see. That contract is immovable. If they want to cut payroll Eloy is more likely. Even then, they're probably getting nothing but salary relief. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, wegner said:

Of course VV is shutting them done now haha

Bullpen saver should be a new role defined on a roster.

And Hahn got himself one of the best out there. (at least that's what Hahn would say to JR on his exit interview before getting canned in October)