5/24 Pivetta vs. Cease 7:10

bmags

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You're still not yet accounting for Eloy's ongoing injuries, Pollock opting in for next season, another year of Leury and some type of "retirement gift contract" for Jose Abreu.

Suddenly the Sox are the new Baltimore Orioles. 

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

If there’s a time to fuck with shit - it’s now. Also… guess Devers and Kopech would have been the right call after all.

They didn't want to deal Benintendi (wrong move, clearly) or Devers (especially) at that time.

Heard Dennis Eckersley (TV analyst and former LaRussa star) already warned Tony we were absolutely going to get steamrolled...he's not in Chicago for this road trip, though.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Bullpen saver should be a new role defined on a roster.

And Hahn got himself one of the best out there. (at least that's what Hahn would say to JR on his exit interview before getting canned in October)

Yep, let's hold em under 20 runs and call it a night

Just now, greg775 said:

Tony is so funny with his rest. Taking Timmy out is so soft, just cause team is getting bludgeoned. He had two hits, let him have a night.

Nah it’s smart.  If he gets hurt playing a few pointless innings, the season is over for the Sox.

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Tony is so funny with his rest. Taking Timmy out is so soft, just cause team is getting bludgeoned. He had two hits, let him have a night.

Saving your best players from this meaningless trainwreck is actually one of the smartest things LaRusaa has done all season.

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Saving your best players from this meaningless trainwreck is actually one of the smartest things LaRusaa has done all season.

Why? This team blows. Just let him hit.

Just now, greg775 said:

Why? This team blows. Just let him hit.

He's been on the IL 3 years in a row with hamstring issues. I believe last year he was IL'd for it twice. There is definitely some extra injury risk with him I think a lot of people pretend doesn't exist.

• Like 1

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Seeing this tweet as Benetti mentions Bryce Harper hitting a massive HR for the Phillies sure is something. Bryce Harper has won an MVP with the Phillies and will go into the Hall of Fame wearing a Phillies hat. Good thing the Sox didn't pay up for him, though.

There is never a good time to criticize this front office, manager, or ownership group, apparently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's been on the IL 3 years in a row with hamstring issues. I believe last year he was IL'd for it twice. There is definitely some extra injury risk with him I think a lot of people pretend doesn't exist.

Yeah, I know my position is wrong, the opinion provided just cause I'm so pissed. No need to risk injury. I'm just pretty much accepting the team blows and moves like that really are unnecessary cause this team is no good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Seeing this tweet as Benetti mentions Bryce Harper hitting a massive HR for the Phillies sure is something. Bryce Harper has won an MVP with the Phillies and will go into the Hall of Fame wearing a Phillies hat. Good thing the Sox didn't pay up for him, though.

There is never a good time to criticize this front office, manager, or ownership group, apparently.

I worship Stoney but he probably should get off Twitter a while. It can drive you crazy and he's been a little bossy lately.

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Heard Dennis Eckersley (TV analyst and former LaRussa star) already warned Tony we were absolutely going to get steamrolled...he's not in Chicago for this road trip, though.

One hall of fame baseball person is described in the making of this sentence.