Red Sox vs White Sox Game Two-7:40 CT

I know JDorf controls enough votes to do what ever he feels like. Does he ever have to face a vote of confidence from his proxies?

We're wasting some prime years with a stupid old goat at manager. We have an unbalanced roster that hurts us every game with

poor defense and a slew of players who refuse to walk. No lefties worth having on the team, pitching and position players. What a mess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I missed that.  Game got turned off after the 8 run 5th or 6th or whatever it was.  Did Burger get any plays at 2B? 

I missed it also,  I read in the paper that Tony pulled Anderson and Abreu in the 5th.  Burger replaced Anderson and Leury moved to SS, but Burger didn't get any chances.

2 hours ago, DoUEvenShift said:

It's the SoxTalk cycle.

Something controversial happens > Posters have different opinions but most are polite > A few bad apples turn the discussion into politics > Personal attacks ensue > Mods close the thread.

Pretty much.

5 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Also the Sox are about to fall 6 GB once the Twins once again finish off the Tigers

Twins have played 8 games against teams above .500.  They are 2-6 in those games.  They 25-10 against teams .500 or worse.

After this 14 game stretch against KC and Detroit (still 10 more to go!!) they will have played 8 of 54 games against teams over .500 (11 if Sox make it over .500 by then).  That is 15% of their schedule against teams currently projected in the playoffs.

Twins has certainly fattened up against bad teams.  We'll see if they can continue winning once the schedule turns to June and they have to play good teams again. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Twins have played 8 games against teams above .500.  They are 2-6 in those games.  They 25-10 against teams .500 or worse.

After this 14 game stretch against KC and Detroit (still 10 more to go!!) they will have played 8 of 54 games against teams over .500 (11 if Sox make it over .500 by then).  That is 15% of their schedule against teams currently projected in the playoffs.

Twins has certainly fattened up against bad teams.  We'll see if they can continue winning once the schedule turns to June and they have to play good teams again. 

Isn't their remaining schedule strength like 8th easiest?

Just now, Heads22 said:

Isn't their remaining schedule strength like 8th easiest?

Playing in the central will do that.  Their remaining schedule is significantly harder than their schedule to date.   

I THINK Tony is trying to get Moncada some protection by having the hot Abreu behind him, and the consistent Vaughn and TA in front of him, but man, maybe moving him down a bit is a better answer.

Also that bottom 4 is just brutal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

admittedly i wasn't thinking wild enough to move yoan to the 3 hole and start a lefty catcher against hill, but here we are

Yeah even though Grandal is not hitting I probably would have played him against the lefty and McGuire tomorrow. But might be a Giolito thing. Has he thrown to McGuire more this year than Grandal?

1 minute ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Yeah even though Grandal is not hitting I probably would have played him against the lefty and McGuire tomorrow. But might be a Giolito thing. Has he thrown to McGuire more this year than Grandal?

Reese has not caught Lucas this year.

10 hours ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

I don't know what the hell happened to the pitching staff yesterday but hopefully that was a wakeup call. It's a new day, still chance to take the series. 

Giolito vs the lefty Rich Hill

It seemed as if the RED SOX were somehow stealing signs!

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I THINK Tony is trying to get Moncada some protection by having the hot Abreu behind him, and the consistent Vaughn and TA in front of him, but man, maybe moving him down a bit is a better answer.

Also that bottom 4 is just brutal.

• Heads22 changed the title to Red Sox vs White Sox Game Two-7:40 CT