6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

If Moncada sucks that bad on defense at 2B then there's really no room for him on this roster because he sure shouldn't be starting at 3B ahead of Burger right now.  Let him play 2B until if/when he gets his hitting back on track.  Then if Burger begins to falter you can always move Moncada back to 3B.  If his defense is so bad at 2B that he's costing games send him down to get his act together at Charlotte.

Sounds like a good plan.

1 hour ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Best lineup compared to the resources available.

Mendick is a big upgrade over Leury nowadays.  We took out Leury and Moncada that are hitting below the Mendoza line.  Only 2 scrubs today in the lineup Grandal and Harrison.  Lineup today much better than yesterday.  We have a chance today.  Yesterday we did not.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox defense already sucks.  Further downgrading 2 defensive positions isn't the answer to what ails the Sox.  

Moncada was a former 2 nd baseman. Are you saying Moncada’s D is worse than Harrison and leury’s?

16 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Moncada was a former 2 nd baseman. Are you saying Moncada’s D is worse than Harrison and leury’s?

Moncada's defense is definitely not as good as Harrison but probably just as good as Leury's at 2B.  And if not, there's no place for him - send him to Charlotte.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

22 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Moncada's defense is definitely not as good as Harrison but probably just as good as Leury's at 2B.  And if not, there's no place for him - send him to Charlotte.

They might as well DFA him if that’s their best idea…he 100% needs to be on the IL, whether it’s physical, psychological, or both.

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Well if he's injured why the hell hasn't he been on the IL?  If he's injured there is no place for him on this roster.

He has told or at least intimated to members of the media he’s still not 100%.  It’s not like this is the first time there has been a disconnect on a Moncada injury.  And nobody trusts their strength + training/conditioning group right now.

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Moncada was a poor 2B and is a very good 3B.  I think its fair to assume he'll be worse than both of those guys at 2B, yes. Certainly Harrison.  

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He has told or at least intimated to members of the media he’s still not 100%.  It’s not like this is the first time there has been a disconnect on a Moncada injury.  And nobody trusts their strength + training/conditioning group right now.

Moncada and the this organization deserve each other.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox defense already sucks.  Further downgrading 2 defensive positions isn't the answer to what ails the Sox.  

I said the same thing when that was posed in a poll or thread but I've changed my mind. Yoan has to get untracked and Burger has to be put in the lineup. Yoan's whole career was as a 2nd baseman before he made the switch in MLB. If this team can consistently get more runs they would do much better. Burger and a better Moncada will help . It's not as if this team is a defensive juggernaut anyway. Sox are still hanging around .500 playing woolly mammoths in the OF and the worst LHH in baseball by far . Also the Sox haven't really suffered with Burger playing 3rd.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I said the same thing when that was posed in a poll or thread but I've changed my mind. Yoan has to get untracked and Burger has to be put in the lineup. Yoan's whole career was as a 2nd baseman before he made the switch in MLB. If this team can consistently get more runs they would do much better. Burger and a better Moncada will help . It's not as if this team is a defensive juggernaut anyway. Sox are still hanging around .500 playing woolly mammoths in the OF. Also the Sox haven't really suffered with Burger playing 3rd.

I think this is debatable.  Burger has looked passable at best at 3B.  He's not good over there at all.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think this is debatable.  Burger has looked passable at best at 3B.  He's not good over there at all.  

If you factor in how he has won maybe 4 games recently with his bat alone I don't know how its very debatable. While better defense would certainly help their biggest flaw his the hitting when you have the worst LHH in baseball by a large margin and RHH that can't hit RHP. Burger is much like Vaughn in that he can improve quickly against RHP if he gets some tutelage from Vaughn and not Menchino.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada was a poor 2B and is a very good 3B.  I think its fair to assume he'll be worse than both of those guys at 2B, yes. Certainly Harrison.  

I don't know why anyone would want to move Moncada off third. He's pretty nifty with the glove. Let Burger play 2nd and lift him late for a better defender. 

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't know why anyone would want to move Moncada off third. He's pretty nifty with the glove. Let Burger play 2nd and lift him late for a better defender. 

Yeah, Moncada's either hitting well enough to play 3B or not hitting well enough to be in the lineup at all.

No to Burger at 2B, but he can play twice a week in place of Moncada at 3B, twice a week at DH in place of Eloy (with Vaughn moving from DH to LF) and once a week in place of Vaughn at DH.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

You know why ,because unless Moncada's hitting why does his glove at 3rd matter ? He's played 2nd his whole life. It's not like 2nd is some mystery to Yoan like it would be to Burger. I mean seriously does this team need better defense or better hitting more ? Sox would easily be above .500 if they could get some hitting.

2 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Yeah, Moncada's either hitting well enough to play 3B or not hitting well enough to be in the lineup at all.

No to Burger at 2B, but he can play twice a week in place of Moncada at 3B, twice a week at DH in place of Eloy (with Vaughn moving from DH to LF) and once a week in place of Vaughn at DH.

If Burger is currently one of the best hitters on the team why not have Moncada, Eloy, Vaughn and Burger in the lineup at the same time?  Hitting is a problem  , a big problem. I don't know why some of you can't understand that.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If Burger is currently one of the best hitters on the team why not have Moncada, Eloy, Vaughn and Burger in the lineup at the same time?  Hitting is a problem  , a big problem. I don't know why some of you can't understand that.

Moncada doesn't play well when he is injured so if he is still injured he should be on the IL enjoying the club circuit. 

He was traded to be the 2B so he should move back there if Burger is an option.