6/9 GT: LAD @ Sox 1:10pm (Cease vs. Anderson)

ChiSox59

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I don't know why anyone would want to move Moncada off third. He's pretty nifty with the glove. Let Burger play 2nd and lift him late for a better defender. 

Why mess around with a guy who has been doing pretty well and is just getting his feet wet in the major leagues?  Why not move the guy who was a 2B back to a position he's at least very familiar with?  

If you look at total performance this season, Jake Burger has earned the starting 3B job from Moncada for now.  So if you want to give Moncada a chance for regular ABs to see if he can get out of his funk you can plug him into the existing hole at 2B, or you can send him to Charlotte to play 3B every day until he gets his act together.  The change of scenery (either to 2B or Charlotte) may be what he needs.  And if he truly is injured like some here are saying, then he belongs on the IL not at 3B or taking up a spot on the bench.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Why mess around with a guy who has been doing pretty well and is just getting his feet wet in the major leagues?  Why not move the guy who was a 2B back to a position he's at least very familiar with?  

If you look at total performance this season, Jake Burger has earned the starting 3B job from Moncada for now.  So if you want to give Moncada a chance for regular ABs to see if he can get out of his funk you can plug him into the existing hole at 2B, or you can send him to Charlotte to play 3B every day until he gets his act together.  The change of scenery (either to 2B or Charlotte) may be what he needs.  And if he truly is injured like some here are saying, then he belongs on the IL not at 3B or taking up a spot on the bench.

I agree. 

14 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

Grandal is washed up. His bat is so slow. Going to have to eat a lot of money with him. 

He's still recovering. His legs just aren't there. I'm not convinced he'll ever be back to All Star level, but I think next season will be better than this. 

53 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you factor in how he has won maybe 4 games recently with his bat alone I don't know how its very debatable. While better defense would certainly help their biggest flaw his the hitting when you have the worst LHH in baseball by a large margin and RHH that can't hit RHP. Burger is much like Vaughn in that he can improve quickly against RHP if he gets some tutelage from Vaughn and not Menchino.

I was referring to his defense, not offense. While 4 games seems a bit high, I am guessing one of those games you are counting is vs. the Cubs where if he didn't boot a routine grounder in a huge spot, his extra innings heroics wouldn't have been needed.  

I like Jake and all.  I agree they need to find a way to get him into the lineup.  I am not opposed to trying him at 2B, though it'd be ugly.  I just don't see the Sox moving Moncada to 2B to get Jake into the lineup. 

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's not out of play when it hits the net ?

Nope. We learned the hard way back in 2020 when Eloy let a harmless fly ball turn into an inside the park home run.