Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

Almost the exact same roster was 54-35 at the all star break last year.  They were 46-46, or 9.5 games worse this year.

This roster is not 10 games worse than last year talent wise, after basically no changes in the off season.

This same roster has seen almost every single player put up a markedly worse performances except for a limited few individuals. 

While this might not be a World Champion roster, it is one that should be lapping the AL Central. 

Thanks for coming to my #FireTony talk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Almost the exact same roster was 54-35 at the all star break last year.  They were 46-46, or 9.5 games worse this year.

This roster is not 10 games worse than last year talent wise, after basically no changes in the off season.

This same roster has seen almost every single player put up a markedly worse performances except for a limited few individuals. 

While this might not be a World Champion roster, it is one that should be lapping the AL Central. 

A terrible off season, injuries and TLR will have a 9.5 game negative effect on things.  The real question is, which of those three is the biggest to lay the blame on?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, soulfly said:

A terrible off season, injuries and TLR will have a 9.5 game negative effect on things.  The real question is, which of those three is the biggest to lay the blame on?

Last year's team wasn't exactly a picture of health and, as noted above, the team from a talent perspective is more or less the same as last year (the terrible off season was failing to make the team better than last year).  This leaves one primary option.

1 minute ago, Spumoni said:

Last year's team wasn't exactly a picture of health and, as noted above, the team from a talent perspective is more or less the same as last year (the terrible off season was failing to make the team better than last year).  This leaves one primary option.

It's RIck Hahn.  He is awful and should not be the GM of any team, in any league, anywhere.  Not even if there was a GM for something clown related and run entirely by clowns.  They could still find a better option than him.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, soulfly said:

It's RIck Hahn.  He is awful and should not be the GM of any team, in any league, anywhere.  Not even if there was a GM for something clown related and run entirely by clowns.  They could still find a better option than him.

^ THIS

Still, FIRE TONY - add yesterday’s idiocy to the mountain of evidence

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Obviously they should have kept the manager from last year. 

9 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Does a Cleveland curbstomping today incite some movement after the Sox looking like absolute trash all weekend, awful management and finishing our ultra important 19 games against the ALC 9-10? If so, go Guardians. 

Nothing is going to start the movement of firings at this point. TLR and Hahn are both safe. I truly believe Jerry just doesn’t care at this point 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The one who collapsed in the second half?  I mean sure.

You were comparing first half last year with first half this year. Same basic team, same manager, much different results. The conclusion is it's the manager's fault. While I believe that's a great first step, I started this thread after all, but it hides too many other problems. 

This shit show is bigger than just TLR. It's a three legged stool with players, front office, and coaching staff. They all have regressed and are failing beyond what could be expected from one year. As you noted the players are putting up much worse numbers. 

I also seriously wonder if Tony is experiencing diminished mental function over the last year. Stroke? Dementia? It's a private matter with the team but I would hope a condition of his continued employment is a full medical workup. 

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I also seriously wonder if Tony is experiencing diminished mental function over the last year. Stroke? Dementia? It's a private matter with the team but I would hope a condition of his continued employment is a full medical workup. 

You’re calling for higher health standards than the country has held the two most recent POTUS.

• Fire 1