Fire Tony Chant

Texsox

3 hours ago, A-Train to 35th said:

For all you Ozzie haters.....the man brought a World Series to Chicago, end of story.  It wasn't happening in 2005 without Ozzie's leadership and we would currently have the longest losing streak in baseball without him.

I am not an Ozzie hater, but I'm not kissing his ass for 2005. This controversy is stupid. I do think Ozzie wanted LaRussa's job. Regardless, all he had to do is deny this speculation, but he went off the deep end as usual. Hopefully, this will seal the fact that he will never manage the White Sox again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well, he tells it like he says after JR gives the signal it's OK to go after Tony. Tony has been screwing up since he was hired, and none of Jerry's paid media cronies said boo until this week.

Could have used Ozzie's voice after Tony destroyed Yermin's season last May. His only criticism regarding Tony came this week, and is limited to Tony being too soft on players, not on the asinine things he says and does on a daily basis. 

There is far more wrong with Tony's managerial stint than "being soft on players". Ozzie and Steve Stone know it, but were too cowardly to speak a word of it until now. Ozzie doesn't want to upset his Sugar Daddy, also said he loves Jerry more than his Father because he made him the man he is.

Ozzie's team tuned him out after a couple years, and they sucked ass for most of his tenure because he was also a shitshow, just in a more entertaining fashion than Tony.

Interesting thought about Yermin, I think Tony got caught up in his unwritten rules and blew that one. BTW,  I caught a highlight of Yermin today hitting a HR after a double earlier, with no chest exposed, or 3 lbs of gold hanging out of his jersey.  Hummmmmmmm wonder what the difference in Manager's is?  Was Tony too lenient letting the players do or express themselves anyway they choose, trying to be a players manager and go with the teams "Change The Game" marketing slogan?   Or is he just too old and out of touch to manage, I vote for both actually.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

Today is supposed to be the day the White Sox announced that Tony La Russa was stepping away from the dugout. That little hot streak last week saved his ass. 

I wonder how many games into the 2nd half it’ll take before we hear the “Fire Tony” chants again?

This team being .500 at the break and (checks notes) just 8-7 so far on the ultra-important 19 straight games against the central shouldn't really be considered some sort of job saving run.  The Sox played a nice series against the Twins.  If TLR (and/or Menechino, for that matter) was really getting on the verge of getting removed from his job (I doubt it in TLR's case), those 3 wins shouldn't change jack shit. 

6 hours ago, chetkincaid said:

Today is supposed to be the day the White Sox announced that Tony La Russa was stepping away from the dugout. That little hot streak last week saved his ass. 

I wonder how many games into the 2nd half it’ll take before we hear the “Fire Tony” chants again?

I expect them on Friday at home when they lay an egg in the 1st inning against Cleveland. 

7 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Not saying they won’t win the game or the series, but I don’t expect them to come out playing with a purpose first game back.  

But I already miss Mike “Pito” Tyson.

On 7/20/2022 at 8:36 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Mind you the whole team only has 38 home runs at home this season which is only 2 more than Aaron Judge has hit home and away this season, so Sheets and Burger are not exactly tearing it up.

On 7/18/2022 at 4:31 PM, Tnetennba said:

I expect them on Friday at home when they lay an egg in the 1st inning against Cleveland. 

Wish I were actually able to see the future but this one was sadly predictable.  This team is as lifeless as their corpse manager.  But it’s fine.  It’s all fine here, no need to fix anything at the break. 

35 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Wish I were actually able to see the future but this one was sadly predictable.  This team is as lifeless as their corpse manager.  But it’s fine.  It’s all fine here, no need to fix anything at the break. 

Wish you were wrong, but good call.