Tear it the hell down

ron883

Tear it the hell down?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Tear it the hell down?

• Tear it the hell down
    • No

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is it time to burn this thing to the ground? At very least, a controlled burn where you dump Giolito and Lynn. Revamp the farm with those trades. Sign Trea Turner in the offseason and go for it next season. 

Lol sign Trea Turner. Cmon Ron. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not even Greg775 or Parkman are capable of this counterintuitive troll/jinx...

As we speak, the Sox are going to be 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 behind the Guardians and likely just 5 behind Minny if Seattle 4-0 lead holds up out West.

Everything will be much clearer 36 games from now around the TDL when we have head to head matchups with both those AL Central-leading teams.

Edit:  Guardians escape 1st and 3Rd no outs in Denver to go up +3 over .500 due Emmanuel Clase.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Is it time to burn this thing to the ground? At very least, a controlled burn where you dump Giolito and Lynn. Revamp the farm with those trades. Sign Trea Turner in the offseason and go for it next season. 

If they are still floundering around .500 closer to deadline and Gio and Lynn are doing real good - I wouldn’t be opposed to your idea. I also love me some Trea Turned and star power. 

This is a silly reaching topic even for you Ron. Nobody with half a brain sees this roster needing a full tear down. A retool? Sure. There's an argument for trading Giolito, Abreu, and whoever in the pen (or 40 man) has any throw in value. There's no argument for trading Yoan, TA, Kopech, Cease, Vaughn, and Eloy at the moment. 

A retool concedes some chance at the playoffs this year to improve it in years after. Done well it could be a big boon, but who knows.

• Like 1

I'm wondering if I have another tear down and build again cycle left as a fan.  It would be so easy to stop by my local sports shop and for a couple hundred bucks redecorate in Astros colors and be a serious contender. I'm surrounded by Astros fans. I wouldn't have to ask for a game to be put on the tiny screen at the bar, it's on all the big screens. 

If they were still in the NL I would be adopting them as team 1b. 

I don’t trust the dopes in charge to get it right if they tried again.  Selling off valuable parts is great and all but when you refuse to spend on impact talent to supplement a solid core and dumpster dive for depth you end up where we are now.  We probably all hoped that the full tear down and rebuild was a sign that they were going to do it right or differently for a change but the same stupid obstinate patterns remain.  This organisation always doing it their way has proven not to be a winning formula. 

• Fire 2

Ron, who would you recommend trading?

Opposing GM…

”Well, Cease or Kopech look pretty good, and you don’t have a position for Vaughn, now do you?  How about throwing in Robert to sweeten the pot, he’s looking more like an opposite field singles and doubles hitter with limited patience a spotty injury history.

In fact, Rick, no RHP has gone four starts in a row with over 100 pitches like Cease…he has a TJ in his past, and he’s taxing your bullpen by going just 4-5 IP each time out.  The main benefit is more time for vendors and concession stands to maximize revenues during his starts.”

Other than Graveman and maybe Pollock (B/C prospect), what are going to get back for the rest of the roster that nobody wants or can afford?  Sell off Cueto?

Gio, Lynn, Abreu and TA7 instead…?  

Reinsdorf won’t you let trade off the latter two, Lynn and Kelly are LaRussa favorites…so it’s basically Giolito and Graveman, pretty much the extent of it.

Wait, how does that help in 2023, exactly?

Which means you have to go back out in FA and spend even more $$$ replacing those two since nobody can trust him to actually work out another favorable prospect trade again at this point.

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

I'm wondering if I have another tear down and build again cycle left as a fan.  It would be so easy to stop by my local sports shop and for a couple hundred bucks redecorate in Astros colors and be a serious contender. I'm surrounded by Astros fans. I wouldn't have to ask for a game to be put on the tiny screen at the bar, it's on all the big screens. 

If they were still in the NL I would be adopting them as team 1b. 

I mean, eventually the Astros will have to tear it down too.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

There is only one thing left to do.

Ribeye or filet?

I'm a Pizzaterian.  My Dr is not crazy about the diet, but I think it is going to catch on.  Heading to the game next Thursday, so I will supplement it with a Cuban Sandwich.

• Fire 2