GT 6/22: TOR @ SOX, 1:10, NBCSC

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

The good: we won a series at home for the first time since April. We also took 3 of 6 against the Astros and Jays. Not too shabby. If you had told me we'd do that a week ago, I would have been very content. 

The bad: Lucas is cooked and we lost 2 players who are good defensively and have been contributing offensively. 

This team won’t make the postseason if Giolito doesn’t snap out of this

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Moncada is in the bottom half now?

I'm not sure how they really measure sprint speed, but half our guys loaf it down to 1B so I wonder how much that affects their average sprint speed. 

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

No logical reason to put Gio out there.

They already used a lot of pitchers last night and have a 4 game series starting tomorrow. GIolito is eating an inning here because the bullpen needs it.

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

No logical reason to put Gio out there.

Yes, just throw Banks…as long as he can go.  Not even sure why he’s rostered if not for this.

Then Foster.

Then position players…just not ones we can afford to get injured pitching.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

This team won’t make the postseason if Giolito doesn’t snap out of this

Gio also had some really bad starts last year prior to figuring it out in July. But I don't think his ERA ever got above 4.2. His ERA is in the 5s now and that was with a pretty solid start this year. He's basically replaced Keuchel in terms of production ever since we DFA'd Keuchel. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Glad I missed this one…wow, what is wrong with Lucas?

What’s not wrong?  Pretty much everything.  Velocity.  Mechanics.  Confidence.  Location/command/control.

Season highs in runs and hits his last two outings…Houston and now Toronto.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

What’s not wrong?  Pretty much everything.  Velocity.  Confidence.  Location/command/control.

Season highs in runs and hits his last two outings…Houston and Toronto.

He's had a pretty rough stretch of starts against good lineups. The only meh lineup he's faced the past 6 starts is the Rangers and they're not that bad. That doesn't excuse just how awful he's been though. 

At some point, you have to blame the players for underperforming. 

Idk what has happened, but Kopech, Lynn and Giolito all took a major step back with their stuff this year. Kopech has been the only one who has been able to pitch through it, but idk how much longer that's going to happen. 

Edited by Jack Parkman