7/8 GT - Sox v. Tigers (Gio vs. Skubal) @710pm - let's strive mightily to win

ChiSox59

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Abreu just missed the 3 run homer walkoff. A shame.  We let it get away.  If we bring ReyLo instead of Kelly we win this game.  This team needs to be shaken up.  TA and Robert lack of focus is unacceptable. TLR managing is unacceptable.  Nothing changes, same old crap every game.

I was getting out of my car to get some groceries when they said Kelly was warming up. I laughed knowing he would fail of course.

Sox have been snake bit all year. For instance, Robert hits that massive home run, just annihilating it. Then in the walkoff situation his at bat was simply pathetic. You can't be mad at Robert, just shake your head. Also Gio strikes out all those batters, for some reason falls in love with the change and gets it bludgeoned over the fence and 2-0 is 2-2. You can't be mad at Gio, but geez. And finally Abreu who is almost at .300 again, hits that pitch that on my screen looked like it had a chance to clear the fence. Instead it not only dies out there but there's a Tiger rightthere to make the easy catch.

Can't be mad at Jose, but geez. What a lost season. 

At least none of us will be mad at virtually any of the trades they make this year except if they trade Robert, Eloy or Tim.

2 hours ago, HoosierSox said:

AJ Hinch manages his bullpen way better than TLR. I would even go as far as to say the Sox would be in first place if AJ were here instead of TLR. 

That depends on whether AJ would have been forced to retain Menechino as hitting coach or gotten someone else. Injuries have been a problem on top of that so the future would be a lot brighter with a different manager but there still would have been a lot of problems.