Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

If they hire Ventura 2.0 then I am out until the owner moves on.  Fuck that noise. 

I actually think Joe Maddon would be good for this team for a couple of years. His strategy is questionable but he is the anti Larussa with everything else. They could try to have fun again.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m buying what Fathom mentioned in the game thread. Rick Hahn gets fired too. Kenny takes over the rest of the season and hires McEwing as interim manager. It’s a boiling pot right now, and it’s going to ‘splode.

Jerry is never gonna let Kenny fire LaRussa. You also have to wonder who is higher in the JR loyalty list. KW, the guy who won him a WS or a guy he regretted firing 35 years ago. 

30 minutes ago, fathom said:

Watch it be for Thome. He has experience coaching 14U and their season is ending up.

see...the hard thing is Thome is one of the best people on this planet and I can't even hate it.

• Like 2

Just now, bmags said:

see...the hard thing is Thome is one of the best people on this planet and I can't even hate it.

Doesn't this team need someone who will kick them in the ass.  Thome seems to be the wrong personality to take over.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Ventura is one of my favorite players ever.  I love Ventura the player, disliked Ventura the coach.  Most teams do not just hire old legends that have name value.  The meatheads who call the score can come up with their "Hey Big Hurt for hitting coach, Mark Buerhle for pitching coach, Paul Konerko for bench coach and Thome for manager"  nonsense.  None of these guys have experience running a team.  This is not a rebuild.  This is a team ready to compete.  If you do that, burn it to the ground and start over.  Because you are not serious about competing. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Doesn't this team need someone who will kick them in the ass.  Thome seems to be the wrong personality to take over.

This team needs someone being competent to be a role model.

Just now, southsideirish71 said:

Ventura is one of my favorite players ever.  I love Ventura the player, disliked Ventura the coach.  Most teams do not just hire old legends that have name value.  The meatheads who call the score can come up with their "Hey Big Hurt for hitting coach, Mark Buerhle for pitching coach, Paul Konerko for bench coach and Thome for manager"  nonsense.  None of these guys have experience running a team.  This is not a rebuild.  This is a team ready to compete.  If you do that, burn it to the ground and start over.  Because you are not serious about competing. 

He's been on special assignments, and if he worked closely with Front Office analytics for strategy and just handled the players it would be fine. Super star managers are dead.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Thome worked with Davidson to get his mind right and a couple of our prospects. If he's game with managing players and not acting like an observational analytics genius, then it's fine.

They need someone who can light a spark under their asses though. I don’t know if Thome is the guy for that.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Thome is a great guy and was a fantastic player. However, I would never hire him as a manager. But at least players would look up to him because he's been there. I don't know if any Sox player looks up to LaRussa.

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Maybe make Menechino manager so he can't be the hitting coach anymore?

How about co-managers…Menechino and McEwing.  Play without a hitting or third base coach.  I don’t see the downside.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

He's been on special assignments, and if he worked closely with Front Office analytics for strategy and just handled the players it would be fine. Super star managers are dead.

So is just hiring ex-players because the name works with the fans.  

2 minutes ago, Highland said:

Thome is a great guy and was a fantastic player. However, I would never hire him as a manager. But at least players would look up to him because he's been there. I don't know if any Sox player looks up to LaRussa.

Leury Garcia Signed Photo - 8x10 PSA DNA