Shane Riordan sucks and knows nothing

ChiSox59

35 minutes ago, almagest said:

Dunno if you guys remember The Dugout/Word Up Thome but

WordUpThome: HEY TEAM, JI
WordUpThome: JIM THOME HERE, NEW MANAGER OF YOUR CHICAGO WHITE STOXS

WordUpThome: FIRST ITEM ON THE OL' AGENDER - HAVE YOU ALL, PERCHANCE, CONSIDERED SOCKING A FEW MORE DINGERS HERE & ANON?
WordUpThome: I THINK IT WOULD GREATLY IMPROVE OUR CHANCE OF VICTORY AGAINST THOSE PESKY IND GUARDIANS AND TWIN CITY TRASH BAGS

WordUpThome: THANKS I'LL HANG UP AND LISTEN

I am convinced 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spumoni said:

Guys we have a short window, but if TLR is fired within the week he will have been fired in 1986 and 2022 when Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick were in theaters, respectively.  Thank you Tom Cruise!

Yet Tom Cruise still looks 50 while Tony looks closer to 100.

1 hour ago, wegner said:

Hopefully it's a table that Hahn has a seat at.

Yes. Perhaps it doesn't come to fruition before the next home series, but I don't think that tweet goes out without legitimate information.

The most likely scenario for Tony to step down based on the heavy toll it is taking physically and mentally approaching 78 years old. He displayed a lot more energy last season while he was still fresh. He looked happy and at least somewhat engaged, including literally running out after Abreu was hit. He spoke slow in press conferences, but still clear and understandable. I would say he sounded more coherent in his DUI arrest videos than he does in 2022 postgame Q & As.

There could be a health issue perhaps he or his wife are dealing with. He also has to be disappointed with the way things are going, and perhaps he consulted with his close confidents (Bill Belichick, Bill Parcels, others) and decided it is best to step down, claim health reasons which nobody will give him grief for if he stays retired, and let him walk away with some semblance of dignity.

It's likely he would give Jerry sometime to discuss replacement options, within the past week or two, and now Kenny and Hahn are involved on next steps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

Firing or move to another position. Riordan is still full of shit.

He just did an interview with Hahn. I doubt he is full of shit. He wouldn't ruin his rep with him like that. TLR may stay, but I think someone fed him some info that Hahn isn't happy. 

• Like 1

I think there is something to Riordan's claims.

He seems to have inside info on WS. He talks pretty intelligently about the WS as if he has some know inside.

I hope he is right. The Sox are a sleeping giant if they ever decide to wake up. 

Edited by 2Deep

14 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

He just did an interview with Hahn. I doubt he is full of shit. He wouldn't ruin his rep with him like that. TLR may stay, but I think someone fed him some info that Hahn isn't happy. 

If TLR isn’t gone in a week or before the end of the end of the season, his credibility is shot.

He won’t be fired - more just the travel and everything else takes a toll and while he loves the game he no longer can be the mgr. I won’t ever root injury or bad health on anyone. This is just more kind of like Phil Jackson hitting that point where the physical toll just wasn’t doable. 

And I will state - his failure this year with Sox has no barring on his overall spectacular mgr career.  

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

He won’t be fired - more just the travel and everything else takes a toll and while he loves the game he no longer can be the mgr. I won’t ever root injury or bad health on anyone. This is just more kind of like Phil Jackson hitting that point where the physical toll just wasn’t doable. 

And I will state - his failure this year with Sox has no barring on his overall spectacular mgr career.  

Thats fine. 

Just be gone

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

What else could go possibly wrong?

But first check his relationship with LoLeury to see if he would be approved...

He could play for Leury, would fire up the team, and would absolutely brawl with umpires or other teams.

So I say again: Yasiel Puig for manager.