7/15 Sox @ Twinkies 7:10PM Can we get to .500????

Vote4Pedro

Just now, Heads22 said:

I know Grandal has his warts, but his power is something we're dearly missing. These occasional fly balls that go over the fence are nice and that's our easiest chance at more of them.

Granted he was terrible for 50 games this year, but Grandal was severely underappreciated the last 2 years. This team needs the good version of him back badly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Could bring up Haseley again...

I think they would if he wouldn't miss a doubleheader after the break (3 total games) against Cleveland. I don't think its the worst idea to do so, but thats probably the reasoning why.

Kopech's slider goes right into lefties' bat path when he throws it low. He's gotta make sure it's more of a back foot slider instead of it being at the bottom of the strike zone. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Granted he was terrible for 50 games this year, but Grandal was severely underappreciated the last 2 years. This team needs the good version of him back badly.

The guy he was returning from injury last year is literally what this team needs

14 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

It seems pretty clear the Sox plan for Kopech is to let him pitch unless an actual injury prevents him from doing so. Do you think he'll be able to handle ~150 regular season innings plus potential playoff starts without getting a break at some point?

I disagree. I think they are trying to build him up and will have more time off in the second half. I dont think he'll get to 150. That's probably a little high.

Just now, ptatc said:

I disagree. I think they are trying to build him up and will have more time off in the second half. I dont think he'll get to 150. That's probably a little high.

If they were going to skip him or start easing off, I think it would have happened already. He's going to be on pace for over 150 after tonight's start and I don't think they'll back off unless they fall out of playoff contention.

His knee acting up and the velo being down (particularly around the ASB) gave them an opportunity to get him a break and they decided against it.