AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX GET TO .500 WINNER OVER THE TWINKIES

chitownsportsfan

Somebody suggested trying Robert in RF and having Engel in CF to start some games. It was mocked at the time but maybe it wasn't such a crazy idea. Engel is really great in CF and at robbing HR at the wall. Robert at times gets alligator arms when he approaches the wall. Not knocking his overall defense, but more about maybe using Engel before the last 2 innings to improve defense.

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

1 game out

3 games out

5 games out

That's our fate at the All Star Break.

Gotta take at least one of the next 2 to feel good at the break.

Sunday is Cease vs. TBD. Have to feel good about that one on paper.

Tomorrow is a 50/50 game, Lynn vs. Bundy. 

• Love 1
  • Hawk 1

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

1 game out

3 games out

5 games out

That's our fate at the All Star Break.

Gotta take at least one of the next 2 to feel good at the break.

Winning the next 2 would be a huge statement. I think a split would be a reasonable expectation though and not the end of the world. After the ASB, the schedule becomes extremely easy as I don't think we play a single team above .500 until mid August after the 4 game set against Cleveland.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Winning the next 2 would be a huge statement. I think a split would be a reasonable expectation though and not the end of the world. After the ASB, the schedule becomes extremely easy as I don't think we play a single team above .500 until mid August after the 4 game set against Cleveland.

I don't want to be relying on the easy schedule coming up.  Their fate is in their own hands now.  Win 1 of the next 2 and things are looking good.  Then they probably are buyers at the trade deadline.

Win both games and all of a sudden the Sox are in the Twins head....what a turnaround that would be.

• Like 1