AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX GET TO .500 WINNER OVER THE TWINKIES

chitownsportsfan

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

The bullpen is starting to gel… if Gio can hold it and Lynn can turn the corner, look out.

Who we thought we were could become who we are.

Whoa dude… like trip out on that.

The Sox have the best talent in the division. It has been frustrating to watch them under-achieve. What a turn around. Things looked bleak after losing the first two in Cleveland.

6 hours ago, tray said:

Somebody suggested trying Robert in RF and having Engel in CF to start some games. It was mocked at the time but maybe it wasn't such a crazy idea. Engel is really great in CF and at robbing HR at the wall. Robert at times gets alligator arms when he approaches the wall. Not knocking his overall defense, but more about maybe using Engel before the last 2 innings to improve defense.

I was the one that mentioned moving Robert to right field, I still think it's a good idea, Engel in CF would make us much better defensively and he's improved a lot as a hitter than when he first came up from the Minors.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Hawk 1

9 hours ago, tray said:

Somebody suggested trying Robert in RF and having Engel in CF to start some games. It was mocked at the time but maybe it wasn't such a crazy idea. Engel is really great in CF and at robbing HR at the wall. Robert at times gets alligator arms when he approaches the wall. Not knocking his overall defense, but more about maybe using Engel before the last 2 innings to improve defense.

It's sure not the worst Idea I ever heard. He's had his issues lately in CF for the last couple weeks. We've seen him lose focus on routine fly balls and drop them. We just saw a few games ago that play if RCF where he called for it then missed it. In the Twins series in Chicago he gave up extra base hits on catchable stuff.

His OAA is the lowest it's ever been at 1 despite it now being the highest number of games in a season Robert has played. His UZR/150 is -17.5 and it's been in negative territory since he returned from his devastating injury last year. He is not the same cat in the OF we saw in 2020.

Anyone laughing at your suggestion has their head up Roberts ass and licking his balls. There does seem to be something wrong with him lately and he left the game with lightheadedness yesterday. So unless that was an excuse for him being benched , which I doubt, there is something physically wrong with him.

Of course it'll probably never happen because I don't think Robert has ever played RF in the majors yet. I doubt it would be a big adjustment for him.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

It's sure not the worst Idea I ever heard. He's had his issues lately in CF for the last couple weeks. We've seen him lose focus on routine fly balls and drop them. We just saw a few games ago that play if RCF where he called for it then missed it. In the Twins series in Chicago he gave up extra base hits on catchable stuff.

His OAA is the lowest it's ever been at 1 despite it now being the highest number of games in a season Robert has played. His UZR/150 is -17.5 and it's been in negative territory since he returned from his devastating injury last year. He is not the same cat in the OF we saw in 2020.

Anyone laughing at your suggestion has their head up Roberts ass and licking his balls. There does seem to be something wrong with him lately and he left the game with lightheadedness yesterday. So unless that was an excuse for him being benched , which I doubt, there is something physically wrong with him.

Of course it'll probably never happen because I don't think Robert has ever played RF in the majors yet. I doubt it would be a big adjustment for him.

I think it’s noticeable how much more timid he is coming in after last year. He still seems ok going side to side,  but he does seem nervous on stopping suddenly.

And I get it, never had my groin muscle rip off

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

The bullpen is starting to gel… if Gio can hold it and Lynn can turn the corner, look out.

Who we thought we were could become who we are.

Whoa dude… like trip out on that.

Joe Kelly was impressive last night.  If he can slide into the 7th inning giving Tony flexibility with ReyLo, bullpen will be in great shape.  

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think it’s noticeable how much more timid he is coming in after last year. He still seems ok going side to side,  but he does seem nervous on stopping suddenly.

And I get it, never had my groin muscle rip off

He doesn't seem ok doing much of anything for the last few weeks defensively . He totally misplayed that ball that he called Engel off of and then stretched for it and totally missed it. AT home against the Twins Arraez got 2 gift extra base hits the old Robert gets easily. We've seen him letting balls drop in front of him in Cueto's start and then charge the ball yesterday , got caught in no mans land and it skipped by him.

OF isn't easy , I've said as much before, but Robert used to make it look easy, now it looks hard for him.

3 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Joe Kelly was impressive last night.  If he can slide into the 7th inning giving Tony flexibility with ReyLo, bullpen will be in great shape.  

An effective Joe Kelly, the new and improved ReyLo, Graveman and Hendriks being as dominant as he’s been lately is a strong bullpen. Absent an effective Bummer we still need to acquire a decent lefty arm though. I’m sure the thought of acquiring another bullpen arm at the deadline has Hahn rock-hard.

29 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

An effective Joe Kelly, the new and improved ReyLo, Graveman and Hendriks being as dominant as he’s been lately is a strong bullpen. Absent an effective Bummer we still need to acquire a decent lefty arm though. I’m sure the thought of acquiring another bullpen arm at the deadline has Hahn rock-hard.

Cease-Giolito-Cueto-Kopech in the rotation and Hendriks-Graveman-Lopez-Bummer-Kelly in the bullpen is a pitching staff that can win in the postseason if the position players can stay healthy and start hitting and/or they get a big bat in a trade.

44 minutes ago, Spumoni said:

Hahn will trade for Hader and pitch him in the 7th

• Haha 1