Old Sock Drawer, ex Sox player discussion

elrockinMT

13 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Giving something of quality for Lance Lynn is one thing, for ~2 months of Cesar Hernandez is certainly quite another.

Could be worse.

Could have had Cesar for longer than 2 months.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ron883 said:

The thing is, he started looking good before going to Cleveland. His stats looked good and there were some favorable scouting reports on him. 

14 whiffs on 3.2 innings pitched, i watched the game. Thats an incredible number. After a shaky first few batters he looked very good. Not bad for a debut.

I am not too concerned about Pilkington being anything more than a mediocre backend SP.  That being said, we could certainly use him at the moment. We also traded him for quite possibly my least favorite White Sox of my lifetime, so that sucks

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ummm...Humber at least threw a no hitter and was part of the rotation for awhile.  Not exactly Nick Williams or AJ Reed in terms of Sox impact.

Bro it was a perfect game...after which all of his magic died. If anyone has Humber's pre and post perfect game splits, I'd love to see them.

But I was mainly talking about super high draft pick / touted prospect.

35 minutes ago, Quin said:

Bro it was a perfect game...after which all of his magic died. If anyone has Humber's pre and post perfect game splits, I'd love to see them.

But I was mainly talking about super high draft pick / touted prospect.

That was also his 2nd start of the year. All you need to know is that he had a 7.39 ERA in 87.2 innings after the perfect game. 

I don't think throwing 96 pitches that game ruined his arm or anything though. 

1 hour ago, maxjusttyped said:

Luis Gonzalez has looked great in the Giants games I've seen this year. Whatever voodo magic they have going on with their players, particularly with the hitters, is very impressive.

Yeah, I just looked him up again and noticed he was still hovering around an 800 OPS entering tonight...would have thought he'd already be down in the 650 range after a hot start.

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Rodon has the same odds to win the cy young in the NL as Scherzer and Burns. 

At the very worst, he's third behind Burnes.

That said, playing on West Coast for a team other than the Dodgers means he will always get less media attention than the Yankees/Mets guys.

58 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At the very worst, he's third behind Burnes.

That said, playing on West Coast for a team other than the Dodgers means he will always get less media attention than the Yankees/Mets guys.

Vegas odds has those 3 i mentioned tied. Thats all im referencing

12 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

Whenever another team develops a former Sock, I imagine the drafting department just glaring at the development staff.

Semien is the most egregious, but Gonzalez can get added to the pile.