7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If he was 10 ft from 2nd he would've been doubled up on a catch with that ball so close to 1st base. I didn't see how far from 2nd base he was .Maybe in the last few seconds he saw it was going to drop  and got that close but it's still a short throw even with a bobble . He didnt know Blackmon was going keep fumbling it trying to pick the ball up too.

But yea don't like sticking up for him after that bonehead play at 3rd.

Where was he on the missed DP ball to Anderson?

Usually those runners score...

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If he was 10 ft from 2nd he would've been doubled up on a catch with that ball so close to 1st base. I didn't see how far from 2nd base he was .Maybe in the last few seconds he saw it was going to drop  and got that close but it's still a short throw even with a bobble . He didnt know Blackmon was going keep fumbling it trying to pick the ball up too.

But yea don't like sticking up for him after that bonehead play at 3rd.

If the ball was caught Leury would have been doubled-up trying to get back to first, least that's how I saw it. 

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Benetti says Sox base running less than "charming" this game, Stone dead pans "the whole season"

Not only do we have many slow players, but also lack of hustle and bad base running, and bad coaching at both first and third as well as in the dugout.  Not championship quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Do they? SO a runner takes 2 bases on a clean throw to 1st? Unless the ball gets away or the 1st baseman turns his back to the play to argue with the ump. No not likely.

Well if it was McEwing's call it's invariably the wrong one this year.

Just now, reiks12 said:

Rockies starter had a 5+ ERA coming into today, and the Sox decided to continue their slap hitting singles way at Coors

Not only does Hahn refuse to make a change at hitting coach, he’s also declared this shit-show of an offense that has one dude on pace for 20 HRs as a lesser need than the bullpen.  It’s fucking insanity that the entire organization is ok this horrible team-wide approach.

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

If the ball was caught Leury would have been doubled-up trying to get back to first, least that's how I saw it. 

That's what I'm saying , he was only that close to 2nd base because he was 95% sure that ball was going to drop and was 10 ft from the base because he probably covered25-30 ft once he saw Blackmon wasnt going to catch it.

• Like 1