7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Look, I might not be Jack level of depressed with this team, but if winning a lot of baseball games is an option, that is always the choice for me.  A bad playoff series is better than missing the playoffs any day.

I disagree. I'd rather not make the playoffs at all than lose. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You're not legally allowed to extend an employment contract beyond death. Already has a lifetime contract.

I've recently heard about technology that can make copies of a person's consciousness and basically extend their lifespan to infinity. I think TLR should be a candidate to be one of the first human's that we test this on. TLR for manager forever....FOREVER.

2 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

The Braves acquired 4 outfielders at the deadline- Jock Pederson, Adam Duvall, Eddie Rosario, and Jorge Solar.  Do you think Hahn has the balls to do the same to revamp our outfield lineup if Robert is out for an extended period. Or will we see more of the same with DH's rotating the 2 corner spots without providing enough power to make up for their blunders.

Lucky if we get one LH OF who can play. 2 would be a miracle. There just aren't that many good LH or SW Ofers out there who can also field. That's why I want Wendel for 2nd base.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A-Train to 35th said:

The Braves acquired 4 outfielders at the deadline- Jock Pederson, Adam Duvall, Eddie Rosario, and Jorge Solar.  Do you think Hahn has the balls to do the same to revamp our outfield lineup if Robert is out for an extended period. Or will see more of the same with DH's rotating the 2 corner spots without providing enough power to make up for their blunders.

Agree it was criminal last season, while the Braves sign 4 competent outfielders we do nothing and end with likes of Goodwin and Leury patrolling the outfield.  Hahn too busy pursuing  unneeded 2 nd closer Kimbrel instead.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Grandal regularly DHing with the roster constructed as it is would be insanity

of course that seems to be the Sox plan, but still

If he can't catch more than once a series, he's better off DHing the other two than Sheets. I rather have an actual outfielder than Sheets.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

If he can't catch more than once a series, he's better off DHing the other two than Sheets. I rather have an actual outfielder than Sheets.

I don't think you can regularly play Eloy & Vaughn in the OF. One of them should be the DH every game they're both healthy, imo.

• Like 1