7/27 Sox @ Rockies 2:10 CST

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He just doesn’t have big power. Even last year it seemed his ball travelled more when he hit it to RF.

That's not true. He's 90th percent tile in average exit velo, 92nd perent tile in hard hit rate (% of batted balls over 95 MPH), & 77th percent tile in max EV. His power is to the pull side but his batted ball profile doesn't allow him to tap into it at all.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

That's not true. He's 90th percent tile in average exit velo, 92nd perent tile in hard hit rate (% of batted balls over 95 MPH), & 77th percent tile in max EV. His power is to the pull side but his batted ball profile doesn't allow him to tap into it at all.

That’s what I mean though about not having all field power.  In college, he did but that was with the aluminum bat.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

He's 24, the power will increase over time. Most of his peers are in AA/AAA.

Just now, fathom said:

That’s what I mean though about not having all field power.  In college, he did but that was with the aluminum bat.

With the dejuiced ball, that's going to apply to basically every hitter in baseball though. There will be guys who hit 35+ HR's this year with significantly worse quality of contact than AV regularly produces.

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

What’s the point of being a fan if you’re miserable unless your teams wins a Championship? Find another hobby dude. 

I'm not. I'd rather my team suck and build for the future than be stuck in perpetual mediocrity. Do or do not. There is no try. 

If I had any faith that this team could win a championship I wouldn't give a shit about anyone in the minors. Players come and go, championship flags fly forever. 

Imagine if the Sox brass had a real winning attitude. 

The Sox right now are the 2018-20 Cubs. 

Tapped out and roster inflexible. 

Edited by Jack Parkman