What Will it Take for You to Give Up?

Texsox

36 minutes ago, soxfaninfl said:

Shut up? One, that is rude and secondly, while some of us are greatly disappointed with the season so far, we are cheering for better results. Bottom line: we were hyped into believing this (really unproven) team was better than it is. For one, I like watching when they have a chance to get to the playoffs. Do you know how many years that hasn’t been the case?

This. Not sure why people feel the need to come on here and flaunt they haven’t watched the Sox in weeks/months, yet take the time to come to a message board a few times a day and try and convince the rest of the fans to tune out as well. Will never understand. 

As you said, Sox have been wildly disappointing. But not all is lost, and many Twins fans saying the same thing. Is this team gonna win the WS? Nah, probably not. But chances to make the playoffs shouldn’t be taken lightly, no matter the circumstance.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

I watch damn near every pitch and I haven’t given up. They could be tied for the division lead in 60 hours. Far too early to give up considering the division. 

That doesn’t mean I don’t think this team has been dog shit all season. 

Anybody who knows baseball knows this is not a good baseball team. Anybody who knows baseball knows the Sox division is very weak. And finally anybody who knows baseball knows anything can happen. But your last sentence is 100 percent true.

Keuchel, was a disaster and Lynn has been awful. Giolito has gone from our Ace down to a back of rotation starter.  Who knows how many more innings Kopech can pitch this season?  The bullpen has been riddled with injuries including  top lefties Crochet and Bummer. Several position players have spent a lot of time on the injured list.   Not sure what some fans expected from these guys. As currently constructed, this is a +/- .500 team .

• Hawk 1

They aren’t “in it”. Even if they win this division, they would get killed in the playoffs. 

Anybody who has watched this team knows it. We expected better and we’re promised better and this organization hasn’t done anything to earn our confidence or trust. 

So please, shut up, and don’t come in here trying to “shame on you” everyone who these losers lied to. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • TLR 1

The amazing thing is that despite the awful play and bad management they are still only 3 games behind. I fully expect them to stay 3 games behind all season but the potential to win the division is there if only they wanted it.

I still watch here and there but I haven't watched a full game in a few months. They are very hard to watch and a lot of these guys have turned out to be unlikable especially the manager. The general manager, president and owner are a disgrace. I don't want to watch them retool because I don't trust the front office to do it right this time when they had 4 years to do it right last time

14 hours ago, Highland said:

For me, it is not a matter of giving up. It is a matter of having little expectations. This FO has shown it cannot build a consistent winner. And nothing is going to change on that front.

Exactly where I’m at.  The offseason disgusted me so much.  That was the time to really go all in for it.

I’ve given up on them being this MLB elite team looking to win multiple championships, but I still watch/follow.

9 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Very impressed with the time and energy a lot of you put into explaining and posting about how little you care.  Bye.  No, really—bye now.  You can go

You're missing a huge point. There are a lot of folks who enjoy the friendships and atmosphere here as much, or perhaps even more, than the team. They will give up on the team before they will give up on Soxtalk. They post in all areas of the board. They are active in season and off season. 

You seem to be the opposite. You'll give up on Soxtalk before the team. Which is perfectly understandable. So thank you for posting that we should leave. But perhaps it's you that should leave. Bye. No, really -- bye now. You can go. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, T R U said:

They aren’t “in it”. Even if they win this division, they would get killed in the playoffs. 

Anybody who has watched this team knows it. We expected better and we’re promised better and this organization hasn’t done anything to earn our confidence or trust. 

So please, shut up, and don’t come in here trying to “shame on you” everyone who these losers lied to. 

Yes, you shut your filthy mouth!  All my Soxtalk friends and I have agreed that a .500 record in July is a totally unprecedented outrage.  Right guys? (Looks around for high-fives).  

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

16 hours ago, T R U said:

What is your fascination with telling people to shut up? You have the right to show your frustration just as any Sox fan saying, ‘hey, the sun came up this morning and it’s a new day.’ Quit acting like only your opinion matters.

As an aside, I have watched the Sox for decades and rooted for them. Being disappointed is part of the schtick.

• Thanks 1