8/5 - Two steppin' in TX - Cease v Otto Game Thread - 7:05

he gone.

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

TA was supposed to be the face of this team and a leader. Instead he goes out and gets a random jersey chasing gold-digger pregnant and his world is totally f-d up. 

He is far from the first dude who has screwed his career chasing tail but that doesn't make it any less stupid. 

Has this been proven? 

Man I really wanted Yoan to become a star. It’s a bummer it didn’t work out that way. He’s still a fine player that’s having a really tough season. I expect him to bounce back. But he’s never coming close to the ceiling he had and that sucks. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Man I really wanted Yoan to become a star. It’s a bummer it didn’t work out that way. He’s still a fine player that’s having a really tough season. I expect him to bounce back. But he’s never coming close to the ceiling he had and that sucks. 

As I said the other day, he was supposed to be a 30/30 guy, not a 5/0 guy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

TA was supposed to be the face of this team and a leader. Instead he goes out and gets a random jersey chasing gold-digger pregnant and his world is totally f-d up. 

He is far from the first dude who has screwed his career chasing tail but that doesn't make it any less stupid. 

Has anyone ever told you your insights are, well, not very interesting?

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I still see his 2019 season and think he can return to that level, at least.

6 hours ago, foxaparicio said:

'Hey Dylan , no pressure but...we (yet again) kinda need this game buddy..could you try and hold em to 1 run please...or better yet , shut em  out would ya ?..I don't know if we can score 2 runs again..but we might be able to pull it together and scrounge up 1 run...no pressure tho '..

Dylan go after the hitters, you got superior stuff.  Do not nibble around. Avoid walks.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Unfortunately, we are going to be paying for that projected ceiling in 2023 and 2024.   It's one of those rare occasions were getting aggressive to signing someone early has backfired on Hahn. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

the case that half this team took a step back in true talent continues. yikes. easier to fire a coach than the players.

The number of hitters on this roster who you'd say have reached their ceiling is so small. Of the core guys, Abreu and *possibly* TA are the only 2 I think you could argue have done so.

7 minutes ago, Thad Bosley said:

I still see his 2019 season and think he can return to that level, at least.

Speaking of underachieving, Tim Beckham 1-1 in Gordon Beckham's draft class is getting key at-bats for Minny now...no guarantees in baseball.  

Also played for Charlotte.