TLR out for the year

chw42

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If Jerry is truly his friend he won't bring him back ever.

Jerry do you want to see this ? Tony LaRussa collapses in dugout and passes away despite attempts to revive him.

Jerry be a true friend and care about his health. Don't let his blood be on your hands.

Tony returning is not good for the health of any of us.

• Like 1
  • TLR 2

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Jerry do you want to see this ? Tony LaRussa collapses in dugout and passes away despite attempts to revive him.

Jerry be a true friend and care about his health. Don't let his blood be on your hands.

Sounds like a sick fantasy many Sox fans are trying to will into reality.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

yes because they'll be drinking champagne all October

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

These two posts belong together.  This team has been disinterested garbage for the last 200 games with Tony running it.  They have barely been .500, and have played disinterested and fundamentally garbage baseball.  The jump in energy in the last week is shocking after seeing the previous year and a half.

Tony LaRussa has been an unmitigated disaster for the Chicago White Sox.  Literally every worst case scenario possible has happened in the last two seasons under his watch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

These two posts belong together.  This team has been disinterested garbage for the last 200 games with Tony running it.  They have barely been .500, and have played disinterested and fundamentally garbage baseball.  The jump in energy in the last week is shocking after seeing the previous year and a half.

Tony LaRussa has been an unmitigated disaster for the Chicago White Sox.  Literally every worst case scenario possible has happened in the last two seasons under his watch.

Now do the team since Hahn took over.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The team that he got to the playoffs before Tony got here and was expected to blow away the division and go to the playoffs for the third year in a row?  That one?  Sure.  I am sure Tony had nothing to do with the team self-destructing.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

The team that he got to the playoffs before Tony got here and was expected to blow away the division and go to the playoffs for the third year in a row?  That one?  Sure.  I am sure Tony had nothing to do with the team self-destructing.

• Haha 1

Someone needs to talk with his doctors and explain how it’s bad for his health returning. This guy is like a cockroach and won’t go away. On top of that the Chicago media is going to be extra soft asking him questions when he returns….not going to elevate his bp asking simple questions like why the hell you walk batters on 0-2 counts

13 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Or something that could actually happen. Doe JR care about him or not? He's already in the HOF. Best thing for JR to do is let him retire with his dignity still in tact and not become part of the circus again or worse.

43 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nice try!

If the Sox players can’t stay motivated to win the next four weeks with or without Tony, then screw all of them. Sure he may make stupid mistakes that lead to losses, but if the “mojo” is lost because Grandpa is back, then they’re a mentally weak team that isn’t making the ALCS anyway. Just go win games. Play good baseball for yourselves. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ha JR doesn't care about you. He should care about a 77 yr. old "friend" doing a very stressful job and an exhausting schedule while traveling constantly.

Just my personal opinion, but he should care more about me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, flavum said:

If the Sox players can’t stay motivated to win the next four weeks with or without Tony, then screw all of them. Sure he may make stupid mistakes that lead to losses, but if the “mojo” is lost because Grandpa is back, then they’re a mentally weak team that isn’t making the ALCS anyway. Just go win games. Play good baseball for yourselves. 

I'm not sure it's that easy. I am in a very pressure-filled business.  When I let that pressure get to me and transmit it to my team, it hurts everyone's performance. People get tight. When I stay relaxed and confident, the team performs better. If TLR is gripping it because he wants to win so badly and that translates to the players, I think people will play tighter and it will make them worse. But, then again, I'm not in sports, so maybe it's different.

9 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I'm not sure it's that easy. I am in a very pressure-filled business.  When I let that pressure get to me and transmit it to my team, it hurts everyone's performance. People get tight. When I stay relaxed and confident, the team performs better. If TLR is gripping it because he wants to win so badly and that translates to the players, I think people will play tighter and it will make them worse. But, then again, I'm not in sports, so maybe it's different.

I might not say the same thing with 3 months left.  With 4 weeks left, all this talent, and having to be 3 games better the Guardians, they should be pumped to show up everyday to win and thank god they’re in a shitty division that will give them a home playoff series if they finish with the 7th best record in the AL. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Agreed. Which is why I'm not all worked up to fire Hahn or JR to sell. Just please keep Tony away. 

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Very weird in deed. Looked awful when Cairo and the players were the ones fielding questions.

It's too bad that we have a leashed media in the city, because there is a story there.  NO ONE  in this organization is willing to stand in front of a camera and talk about Tony.  It's just bizarre.  Though the old saying about saying nothing still saying a lot comes to mind.

• Like 4

• Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year