TLR out for the year

chw42

1 hour ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Exactly what kind of shape do you think a person needs to be in to watch a baseball game and talk on the phone? This is 1 of the worst takes I’ve ever seen

About the same or less than napping in the dugout. If a doctor orders you not to work because of a medical issue, they almost certainly aren't going to sign off on you working from home.

5 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Exactly what kind of shape do you think a person needs to be in to watch a baseball game and talk on the phone? This is 1 of the worst takes I’ve ever seen

As someone who works a pretty stressful job that has nearly caused nervous breakdowns and physical ailments as a result of stress, being exposed to any part of it during my off hours is extremely stress-inducing and has strongly negatively impacted my health.

I disagree vehemently with your statement.

7 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

And if his condition is so serious he had to leave immediately,  how is watching the games and in constant contact with Cairo better, and medically allowed. The fact that no one is talking, just a press release means either this situation is rather dire or there is some BS going on and they don't want to ho on the record with blatant lies.

Well @Lip Man 1said someone reported Hahn was going to speak to the media Friday, but it's been crickets.

Also, interesting quote from Abreu I don't recall seeing posted here.

18 minutes ago, JoeC said:

As someone who works a pretty stressful job that has nearly caused nervous breakdowns and physical ailments as a result of stress, being exposed to any part of it during my off hours is extremely stress-inducing and has strongly negatively impacted my health.

I disagree vehemently with your statement.

You have no idea what Tony’s problem is. The man is 77, you don’t think he could have a health problem that has nothing to do with stress? And how do you think you know more than his doctors? 

51 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Well @Lip Man 1said someone reported Hahn was going to speak to the media Friday, but it's been crickets.

Also, interesting quote from Abreu I don't recall seeing posted here.

DVS of the Sun-Times wrote if TLR's medical results were done Hahn was supposed to speak to the media before friday's game.

Guess they still don't know what's going on (which is what happened with Roberts "lightheadedness." 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

You have no idea what Tony’s problem is. The man is 77, you don’t think he could have a health problem that has nothing to do with stress? And how do you think you know more than his doctors? 

I’m not saying his isn’t due to stress, and I’m not insinuating anything about knowing anything about TLR’s condition.

My post was in response to someone saying that keeping an eye on your stressful workplace can’t be considered a health risk.

not sure how I gave you the impression otherwise.

23 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I really dont understand Stoney's very clear dislike of Tony's in game management during the broadcasts, but then he always backs Tony in interviews.  Its strange.  

Yeah the back and forth is perplexing. It’s like he wants to criticize him but then is told not to or he doesn’t want to hurt his friends feelings? I don’t know I don’t get it

49 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I really dont understand Stoney's very clear dislike of Tony's in game management during the broadcasts, but then he always backs Tony in interviews.  Its strange.  

He nitpicks at his actions and the teams preparedness all of the time, yet Tony is fine.

39 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He nitpicks at his actions and the teams preparedness all of the time, yet Tony is fine.

He does go after Tony too though, in game.  I agree with 59, there are two wildly different opinions from Tony depending on the venue 

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

He does go after Tony too though, in game.  I agree with 59, there are two wildly different opinions from Tony depending on the venue 

I think in game he can be a little more discrete on how he calls him out as to where on the radio he holds completely back 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's like he is trying to have it both ways on getting some street cred, but also won't go that one step over the line that would get him fired again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I think in game he can be a little more discrete on how he calls him out as to where on the radio he holds completely back 

This - exactly this. I think he has to take a softer approach post-game, but his in-game reaction is probably more a view of the true reality (but that is my guess).  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

The weird thing is stuff like that 1-2 intentional walks.  Both times he didn’t hold back AT ALL.  But then he is a puppy dog on the radio.  And it is the score, it’s not even their home station so you can’t be like “he is trying to tone it down for the network” because it is not their network

• knightni changed the title to TLR wants to return this season
  • Quin changed the title to TLR out for the year