White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread

southsider2k5

1 hour ago, maloney.adam said:

Hiring Getz and cancelling Soxfest to avoid the fans shows they don’t give a f*** about the fans or what they think. What a bunch of cowards. 

I think cancelling Soxfest had more to do with lack of space than anything else. This organization doesn't care about fan outrage. They never have. 

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

🤣🤣🤣 he meets 0 of those standards in a manager set out by RH….

Haven't we learned yet that Hahn is really just GM in title and in reality is a glorified PR person?  Important hires sure seem to be taken out of his hands regularly, even if he spells out what he himself wants to the media.

If it’s Ozzie, you gotta admit it would at least be entertaining with a chance of being a good outcome. If it’s Chris Getz or Willie Harris, we should all just give up on this team until there’s new ownership. That said, let’s just chill a little bit until they announce a manager. Nobody knows anything right now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Easy. He's tight with Rick Hahn, Jerry has heard of him and wouldn't have to hire someone he doesn't know that would potentially tell him how much of a shitshow his organization is and KW would like it because his son would receive an unearned promotion. 

I knew he was in the org, I had no idea that he was the assistant director of PD. Good lord.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Easy. He's tight with Rick Hahn, Jerry has heard of him and wouldn't have to hire someone he doesn't know that would potentially tell him how much of a shitshow his organization is and KW would like it because his son would receive an unearned promotion. 

Getz isn't doing that job forever so Kenny Jr taking over is inevitable. 

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

If it’s Ozzie, you gotta admit it would at least be entertaining with a chance of being a good outcome. If it’s Chris Getz or Willie Harris, we should all just give up on this team until there’s new ownership. That said, let’s just chill a little bit until they announce a manager. Nobody knows anything right now. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with Willie Harris. He's put in his dues managing, a couple of orgs thought highly of him now. Relative to their timidity to hiring outside voices, he's an outsider.

• Like 3

I'm picturing Thome storming out the dugout all red-faced and beaking the ump with the bill of his cap, spittle flying everywhere after the ump rustles his jimmies.

But the picture won't tune in. It's mostly kafloots and fuzzy around the edges.

Edited by Bossanoveralls

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What next, Kenny Williams taking the reigns? 

And what the heck happened to Justin Jirschele?  He was a huge favorite around here the last 2-3 seasons and big-time internal candidate,  much moreso than Getz. 

Right?  As I posted before, If they are going to hire within the organization, then why not just hire the best Manager they have within the organization, Justin Jirschele, instead of Chris Getz who has no experience as a manager?  What is so special about Getz?  What's wrong with Jirschele?

2 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's getting an interview.  I think he's the one guy all three can agree on.  If Getz wants to manage is the question I don't have an answer for.

Wouldn’t Getz rather be GM once KW retires and Hahn gets moved up to EVP of Baseball Operations?  Seems like he’s leapfrogged Haber to be next man up.

If Getz is hired, I'd be less concerned with how he got the job or who made the decision than I would be about the job he can do.  With the right bench coach, he could be a good manager.  He's young and would almost certainly rely on statistics.  He'd have a good rapport with the players (think David Ross minus the crotch bumps).  He'd definitely bring more life to this team.

I'm not saying he's the best guy for the job.  And I'm definitely not saying he's more deserving than others.  Maybe I'm just trying to look at the positives if this were to happen.  Maybe I need to drink more beer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Well then his bosses shouldn't put him in front of a microphone. There's one reason and one reason only why Ken Williams would like Chris Getz to be the manager. His reign of terror can't end soon enough. 

Oh god, are you suggesting this is to allow KW Jr to be in charge of the farm?

• bmags changed the title to Pedro Grifol to be named White Sox manager - Olney; Katz asked to return per Rosey
  • Chisoxfn changed the title to White Sox Mgr Speculation Thread
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Chisoxfn locked this topic
  • southsider2k5 unpinned this topic